How far will you go??

Got a call the other day.. customer has a few windows in his home he would like tinted. The job is two hours away.. I'd really rather not do it, but if his neighbor gets his windows tinted, and his brother gets his tinted, and so forth... in the end, it's worth it.

Do you have a limit on either the distance you will travel, or the size of the job?? Granted, you're not going to travel 5 hours, but I've always thought 2 hours give or take is about how far I want to go for any job.. but then again, I'm still just starting out and I'd h@te to turn away any work when this is, IMO, a big referal driven business.

What to do... what to do...

RoAcH

Guest Tinted
Got a call the other day.. customer has a few windows in his home he would like tinted. The job is two hours away..  I'd really rather not do it, but if his neighbor gets his windows tinted, and his brother gets his tinted, and so forth... in the end, it's worth it.

Do you have a limit on either the distance you will travel, or the size of the job?? Granted, you're not going to travel 5 hours, but I've always thought 2 hours give or take is about how far I want to go for any job.. but then again, I'm still just starting out and I'd h@te to turn away any work when this is, IMO, a big referal driven business.

What to do... what to do...

RoAcH

[*]323002

I would travel that far. Like you said new biz gotta take all you can get :lol2

Bid out your time involved. We pretty much go all over the state as long as the price is right.

Last year we did 22 Bank of America's throughout Texas. Farthest we traveled was to the border, a five hour drive.

I factor in travel time and the guys staying overnight

I go all the way.....oh wait you mean traveling :what

I usually only go about 90 mins from my shop....however I have a commerical job that is about 2 1/2 hours one way comingup a two day job we will get a room for the night ...I usaully just a figure a little to cover some of the costs....for residental it depends on the job.....not a couple whindow......gotta be over 500.00...and usually done estimate by phone...have them give you glass sizes and mail them a couple...(only one maybe three) samples depending on what they are trying to achieve with film...

Archived