Tinted auto windows

Guest williamsstudio3

Guest williamsstudio3

Hi -

Can anyone help me with what I am sure is a common problem. I had my Maxima windows tinted about 4 years ago professionally and bubbles are starting to form around the edges of the rear window and side windows. The car sits out and gets a good deal of sun from Los Angeles. Is there any technique I can employ to get the bubble areas to re-stick to the window or settle down. Any help and advise would be very much appreciated.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most bubbles like those you described

are the older 2 ply film, separating in-between the layers

once that process begins, it is deep 6 for the film

and probably well on it's way to turning purple

time for fresh film

Z

Hi -

Can anyone help me with what I am sure is a common problem.  I had my Maxima windows tinted about 4 years ago professionally and bubbles are starting to form around the edges of the rear window  and side windows.  The car sits out and gets a good deal of sun from Los Angeles.  Is there any technique I can employ to get the bubble areas to re-stick to the window or settle down.  Any help and advise would be very much appreciated.

[*]323158

never my friend. redo time :bingo

Guest williamsstudio3
Sounds like it is failing and needs to be replaced. It cannot be pulled back and laid back down.

Adhesive fails and bubbles start to form as the film pulls away from the glass

[*]323160

Thank you very much for the info and fast response........................the tinting is supposed to have a lifetime guarantee so I think I will

start by talking to the dealer. All the best.

Guest williamsstudio3
Hi -

Can anyone help me with what I am sure is a common problem.  I had my Maxima windows tinted about 4 years ago professionally and bubbles are starting to form around the edges of the rear window  and side windows.  The car sits out and gets a good deal of sun from Los Angeles.  Is there any technique I can employ to get the bubble areas to re-stick to the window or settle down.  Any help and advise would be very much appreciated.

[*]323158

never my friend. redo time :bingo

[*]323236

Thanks for the help........................If I was in your area I'd be right over for a redo.

All the best.

Archived