Clearshield question

Guest Winnerstint

Guest Winnerstint

Clearshield installers,

Today I had a car come back, it was an infinity G35. The Hood and mirrors had foggy lines in the film that ran side to side. The film had been on the car for 2 weeks and had plenty of time to cure. The bumper was perfect but only the hood and mirrors were the prob. Has anyone heard of this or come across this situatuion. Is this a streching problem with the film. I have extemely happy with material so far. Any help is great... :dunno

Guest Winnerstint

Your right, the hood should have no streching at all. So maybe its the material going bad? Maybe a bad roll? I'll call solar gard. Thanks

I haven't had a problem like that before  :dunno  I do know that there's only so far you wanna stretch the stuff.  but a hood shouldn't need that amount of stretching.

[*]323374

I use clearshield once in a while, I havent had any problems here, maybe its the solution youre using? or maybe the customer is using somethign to damage the film? maybe its from the debris on the road, you mentioned foggy lines maybe its that.........or the way the car is washed, I could go on forever...

Clearshield installers,

Today I had a car come back, it was an infinity G35. The Hood and mirrors had foggy lines in the film that ran side to side. The film had been on the car for 2 weeks and had plenty of time to cure. The bumper was perfect but only the hood and mirrors were the prob. Has anyone heard of this or come across this situatuion. Is this a streching problem with the film. I have extemely happy with material so far. Any help is great... :dunno

[*]323373

sounds like too much alcohol in the solution. Drink more /put less in the sprayer :sad

Guest Tint Centre
Clearshield installers,

[*]323373

sounds like too much alcohol in the solution. Drink more /put less in the sprayer :dunno

[*]323449

Had this problem with venture shield film. They said it is a problem with the tension of the machine that rolls the film. It usually starts halfway into the roll. The were more than happy to replace the last three rolls I ordered with brand new 24" rolls and credit me for the film I used as well.

Guest Tint Centre
Clearshield installers,

[*]323373

You will notice it on the hood and mirrors cause the are at a more visible angle. The stretching occured for me on only @ 4 inches of the roll width. So on the hood, you could see it where the kit stops part way up. Very frustrating when you out time into a good install, But I feel I was well compensated.

If you are referring to the venture that had a dull finish running across the film partway. thats not a tension issue, its defective rollers (shouldnt it be?). how could the tension casue lines when the material rolls across a rollers the whole width. Either way, did you have to go back and replace the cars you used it on? How do the manufacturers compensate you for the time it takes to remove and re-install the film? (meaning all them , not just VT). like with window film, you get the total installation price if you have awarranty replacement. The PPF manu. need to see how thats done. Like replacing a defective product with another defective product, the films free, but your time (where the profit is) is not.

Archived