Dark tint = al-Qaida

Columbia County Commissioner George Skinner defended his use of discretionary funds saying al-Qaida members are in the county and law enforcement needs good equipment to keep the public safe.

Skinner said during the Columbia County Charter Review Committee meeting Tuesday that terrorists are even a threat in Columbia County.

"My passion is public safety," he said. "We are living in very perilous times. If we don't think al-Qaida ... is not living here in Columbia County ... There are some folks here who want to tear our country down."

Some of his discretionary funds have gone for the purchase of tint meters which can measure how much tinting a motor vehicle window has on it. Law enforcement officers can stop a vehicle using probable cause for having windows tinted too darkly and may find cannabis or seeds, Skinner said.

That could lead to law enforcement officers finding evidence of other crimes.

Whole story: http://www.lakecityreporter.com/articles/2...tory/news01.txt

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

For a terrrrorist to succeed... they must instill fear...

Looks as though Mr Skinner's a victim displaying plenty of fear to go 'round. Wonder if when he sees any tan complexed individual in public, his mind is telling him, "They could be al qaida"? :dunno

Guest tint rookie

actually arent the extreme islam and moslem sects includin al quaida......against poisoning the body as in booze, cigarettes, Dr*gs, you know the finer things in life us americans enjoy?

probable cause is a fudda mucka..... cops abuse it entirely too much and can almost get away with murd3r becuase of it. makes me sick.

hopefully my personal issues with it will pay off soon.....wink wink

All that made me think of that scene from "Super Troopers" where the kids eats all the pot and shrooms before the cop walks up to the car. :dunno

That's funny how they singled out pot as something they are concerned about. It's just a cig with a little kick to it. Maybe they should concentrate their efforts on something that is acutually a problem.

That is so crazy. What are they going to do about the factory darkened glass on that SUV, way darker than some state laws? Are they going to make everyone who may be from the middle-east purchase clear glass and have it R&Red? I can't believe the minds of our lovely government officials.

All that made me think of that scene from "Super Troopers" where the kids eats all the pot and shrooms before the cop walks up to the car.  :lol2

That's funny how they singled out pot as something they are concerned about.  It's just a cig with a little kick to it.  Maybe they should concentrate their efforts on something that is acutually a problem.

[*]323599

littering and.......

Archived