FEMA TINT

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guy I tinted Saturday as soon as the power came on started bugging me from the minute I arrived till I got power said he's gotten a free Hotel in Houston from FEMA and had been home with power a week. Still hadn't checked out because he wanted to go to Houston this weekend and use the pool and party. :DD Lots of people desperately needing a place to stay and he ties up a room unnecesarily for a week. :bat Had 22" rims and tires just put on his Expedition gettin his windows tinted. :lol2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum

And this just floored me. Kelly USA (the old Kelly AFB)where they have a couplw thousand evacuees from Katrina in San Antonio. Red Cross volunteers told us that back there where they are housing them there are at least 40 plasma screen TV's bought for entertainment. Now...that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Were given enough money to go get an apartment and have the utilities turned on and all they'd have to do is get a job (like every other human being), a new start, just keep on keeping on... :DD they choose to blow it on entertainment and stay in the shelter. :lol2

Guy I tinted Saturday as soon as the power came on started  bugging me from the minute I arrived till I got power said he's gotten a free Hotel in Houston from FEMA and had been home with power a week. Still hadn't checked out because he wanted to go to Houston this weekend and use the pool and party.  :spam  Lots of people desperately needing a place to stay and he ties up a room unnecesarily for a week.  :dunno  Had 22" rims and tires just put on his Expedition gettin his windows tinted.  :hmmm

[*]325577

And this just floored me.  Kelly USA (the old Kelly AFB)where they have a couplw thousand evacuees from Katrina in San Antonio.  Red Cross volunteers told us that back there where they are housing them there are at least 40 plasma screen TV's bought for entertainment. Now...that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Were given enough money to go get an apartment and have the utilities turned on and all they'd have to do is get a job (like every other human being), a new start, just keep on keeping on... :nope they choose to  blow it on entertainment and stay in the shelter.  :hmmm

[*]325654

And all this is done as if God isn't watching... :spam

Guest Braud Spectrum

Thank you. :spam I've thought many times during this ordeal about how ther was a time in the not to distant past that I would have been lucky to have 20 bucks to my name in the middle of the winter. NSF to even get gas to evacuate. Thank the Lord Mom has a home in San Antonio for us to stay. I'd have been in a shelter.

:spam Not like I missed a bunch of work, because there wouldn't have been anyone here anyhow, but three weeks with no income has depleted my stash for the winter. Still got bills to pay.... well... 'cept the electric bill. :dunno I'll be most proud of that little bitty one this month. :nope

Gotta eat, so I have to replenish the fridge and freezer. $$$ I do have insurance. Lots of folks don't. I'm not letting my renter pay this month. He's helping me clean up the mess and straighten stuff out. Neighbors have told me their landlords have already called expecting their rent. I guess if that's their income, they're counting on it so it is understandable. Not very fair nevertheless.

Archived