heatshrinking side glass

Guest alx4now

Guest alx4now

Please help!!! The other day I was doing front side glass on 2000 Toyota Sienna, wet shrinking, every time I heat shrink those fingers it seems like the bottom of the film straches makes wider finger and kinda lifts up, I tryed all kinds of ways to heat it, and evetualy the film creases. How do you guys do it, I cant seem to get it. Please help.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
Please help!!! The other day I was doing front side glass on 2000 Toyota Sienna, wet shrinking, every time I heat shrink those fingers it seems like the bottom of the film straches makes wider finger and kinda lifts up, I tryed all kinds of ways to heat it, and evetualy the film creases. How do you guys do it, I cant seem to get it.  Please help.

[*]323970

If you are using a hard card to push them after heating, try using the hard at a plowing angle with downward strokes at the finger. Take care not to run the card over the edge... what you are attempting to do with plowing angle is cause the left over material that did not shrink out the first go 'round to side step or move to one side or the other of the fingers original position. This should create one or two smaller fingers to either side of the original large finger.

Many make the mistake of trying to get all material a finger makes up to shrink completely away with the first heat gun pass. Slow down, watch the film and try not slamming so much heat at the edge until the fingering has been downsized to smaller nubbies. :shoot1

This thread should be in the General forum.... :linedrink

Guest loprotinter

WELL IM NOT SURE I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION BUT HERE GOES....

MAYBE YOU ARE SHRINKING THE WRONG WAY? LIKE SAID ON PREVIOUS POSTING

BEFORE SHRINKING LIFT PATTERN SLIGHTLY ABOVE THE GASKETSO IT CANT SNAG AND CAUSE BURNING THE FILM. OR LEAVE EXCESS FILM SO YOU CAN TRIM IT AFTER SHRINKING.

Guest metint
Yep, sounds to me like you are shrinking in the wrong direction.

[*]324027

Ah yes... makes good sense... unless it's some of that famous film that shrinks both ways. :shoot1

Yep, sounds to me like you are shrinking in the wrong direction.

[*]324027

Ah yes... makes good sense... unless it's some of that famour film that shrinks both ways. :poke

[*]324034

I was introduced to that stuff at SEMA two years ago. It sounds great and everything, but I was too skeptical to even give it a try. One way is fine for me anyway... unless I inadvertently cut the film off the roll incorrectly, which doesn't happen often enough to care.

I was introduced to that stuff at SEMA two years ago.  It sounds great and everything, but I was too skeptical to even give it a try.  One way is fine for me anyway... unless I inadvertently cut the film off the roll incorrectly, which doesn't happen often enough to care.

[*]324040

I personally hope that film doesn't take off...then you'll have every idiot on the block trying to have a tint business :poke

Archived