heatshrinking side glass

Guest alx4now

Guest metint
I was introduced to that stuff at SEMA two years ago.  It sounds great and everything, but I was too skeptical to even give it a try.  One way is fine for me anyway... unless I inadvertently cut the film off the roll incorrectly, which doesn't happen often enough to care.

[*]324040

I personally hope that film doesn't take off...then you'll have every idiot on the block trying to have a tint business  :thumb

[*]324055

It's the same as saying my film rejects 96% of the IR...

All film shrinks in both directions... the (machine) direction we tinters use all the time has a shrink capacity 10-15 times the rate of the shrink along the other (transverse) direction.

Machines used today do not possess the capability of adding more shrink to the transverse. :lol2

Fallacy for sure.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alx4now
Yep, sounds to me like you are shrinking in the wrong direction.

[*]324027

I heat downwards and use hard card straight down. Is that wrong? How do you do it? Do you cover the bottom of film so it doesnt curve up or make bigger finger?

Heating downwards can be fine... but it really depends on how the film is cut off of the roll.  One way can mean heating towards the top and bottom edge, the other will mean heating towards the vertical edges.

[*]324319

:krazy

Guest alx4now
Heating downwards can be fine... but it really depends on how the film is cut off of the roll.? One way can mean heating towards the top and bottom edge, the other will mean heating towards the vertical edges.

[*]324319

:krazy

[*]324329

So.. when do you heat downward or to the top or verticly? What you mean by "it really depends on how the film is cut off of the roll"?

And do I hold my hardcard straight or in angle position when runing it through after heating?

Guest alx4now
I never use a hard-card during the shrinking process, but that's JMO.  I use the hard-card for installing only... and on damp days to anchor the film on the back glass before shrinking.

[*]324356

So...what do you do during the shrinking process?

Archived