A new marketing idea

Guest WASHBOY

Guest WASHBOY

azwashboythankyoucards.jpg

I put this together, so I could send to a clint or give, also I can place it on my website.

Has this worked for others in the past and if you have any good ideas on keeping a steady flow of work please post.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AutoAppearancesInc

I put this together, so I could send to a clint or give, also I can place it on my website.

Has this worked for others in the past and if you have any good ideas on keeping a steady flow of work please post.

[*]324186

From the marketing people I know, they say you will get more results by using a hand written thank you letter.

I just use a hand written thank you letter.

People will open a hand address enelope and read a hand written letter, before looking at a post card.

Nothing fancy just a sentence or two thanking them for their business.

Postage is more on a letter then a postcard, but you will not be paying for printing fancy postcards.

Just envelopes and paper.

Just my .02 cents.

[*]324186

From the marketing people I know, they say you will get more results by using a hand written thank you letter.

I just use a hand written thank you letter.

People will open a hand address enelope and read a hand written letter, before looking at a post card.

Nothing fancy just a sentence or two thanking them for their business.

Postage is more on a letter then a postcard, but you will not be paying for printing fancy postcards.

Just envelopes and paper.

Just my .02 cents.

[*]324252

:krazy makes the customer feel special when its hand written. even a phone call to see how their car is doing and if their is any assistance or question they have will keep them coming back as well

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

Simple and cheap way of keeping customers. I also threw in a coupon and a few business cards.

I also leave a thank you card in the vehicle with a few candies....

Also get customer demographics Like their birthday, and family member birthdays too.

Their favorite restaurants. When they send you a few customers then send them a gift cert. to their Fav. restaurant

Send them Birthday cards, cheap way to separate you from the rest.

Guest WASHBOY

Time is money, that's why I print them at home on my computer. Each card that is being left in the customers vehicle with a biz card; plus a flyer with our services. I cant be at the same location for evey detail, therefore , this is my way of saying thanks for your business. It would be too much work worrying about 100 hand written thank you cards a month. Dont you think......? Now about B-days, if I'm invited into a clients personal life then I take notice, but I stick, primarly, to a business relationship. There are a few who get speacial treatment!

Guest AutoAppearancesInc
Time is money, that's why I print them at home on my computer. Each card that is being left in the customers vehicle with a biz card; plus a flyer with our services. I cant be at the same location for evey detail, therefore , this is my way of saying thanks for your business. It would be too much work worrying about 100 hand written thank you cards a month. Dont you think......?  Now about B-days,  if I'm invited into a clients personal life then I take notice, but I stick, primarly, to a business relationship. There are a few who get speacial treatment!

[*]324700

Washboy:

You asked for ideas and I gave you many.

Use what works for you,

Do you understand how much it cost to print something like your card from home look into refills for your print cart?

You would be better to have a few 1000 printed.

Second: I am not talking about writing a long thank you letter. Very short, thanks for the business.

I would think I could write my short thank you letter, for as long as it would take you to print a card.

I keep the stuff in the van and write it out when I am done the vehicle and drop them all in a mailbox. On the way home.

I am telling you what works for all businesses, not just detailing.

It is showing that your care more then just taking their money for a job.

I have had some clients since the day I started in July of 1999, because I sent them a birthday card in 1999.

Also mangers at car lots have told that I was the only vendor to send them a B day card.

This is why I don't post too much any more and rarely give advice.

Seems that it is always the person that asks for input. Then jumps all over replies.

Do what you want to do.

Good luck and no hard feeling on this end.

Archived