A new marketing idea

Guest WASHBOY

Just some constructive, objective observations...the logo is hard to read and doesn't convey well. Washboy sounds demeaning, if I went there I would expect to see 5 or 10 minimum wage flunkies washing cars.

The pic of 2 squashed guys over an interior doesn't blow my skirt up at all, it looks unprofessional at best. The interior shot doesn't even look clean.

Not busting your balls here, but honestly, I think the ad could be alot better.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WASHBOY

I had to put the ad together in five mins, so it could make it into the publication. We were only allowed to use black and white on a 3in X 3in area to work with.

Funny that you say my companys name as demeanig, there allways a first for everthing!

Guest AutoAppearancesInc
Just some constructive, objective observations...the logo is hard to read and doesn't convey well. Washboy sounds demeaning, if I went there I would expect to see 5 or 10 minimum wage flunkies washing cars.

The pic of 2 squashed guys over an interior doesn't blow my skirt up at all, it looks unprofessional at best. The interior shot doesn't even look clean.

Not busting your balls here, but honestly, I think the ad could be alot better.

[*]326514

tintdude:

Hey I tired telling washboy what works and what does not.

I guess it is my age of 45 , my 22 years in corp and being in this business for 6 years coming out of me,

Just like you tintdude. I am very active in the detailing and appearance community and have seen guys come and go in this business.

Hey I am not saying I making big bucks doing this, but with each year it is growing steady..

Last week along I read three marketing articles on this subject. They all said the same:

1. Less grahics and pictures and more reasons to choose my business over the others.

2. Hand written thank you note gets more attention.

But we all do what we want to do!!!

Archived