air pits

Guest seimport.com

Guest seimport.com

Hey everyone. I am realativly new to tinting. I pretty muchgot the basic of it, but ran into 2 problems. The first air pits. Is that caused by dirt or something? I am pretty sure the window is completly clean. It just seemslike they gater in a general area andi cant get them out. The second is the soap. It left a resadue film like between the glass and the tint. Is it the soap? Please help.

Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

air pits are dirt, can cause by the way you handle film, or film hittin somewhere upon installation, residue? dont move around the film unless you are adding slip to it before you do so.

other than that keep practicing and use the search button here on the forums.............

Guest seimport.com

thanks for the reply. I have been searchin the forums, found alot of good stuff, but not the answer I was lookin for. So the residue comes from the tint sliding too much on the glass? thanks for that, I didn't know that. and what do you mean by handling the squeege like :krazy

Bingo. Don't worry, it will dry.

And to answer your dirt problem, the only answers are... get the glass cleaner, and keep the film cleaner before application. Everyone thinks there is going to be a easy miracle to solve problems with contamination, but there isn't. It's something you must learn to control... it's a slow learning process that takes a lot of experience to master.

Archived