Security films

Guest Diamond Tints

We installed 12(4+4+4) & 16 (4+4+4+4) mil on many cars. Not easy on backglass and cometimes it is not from one piece....

And I am sorry to tell You, don't be angry. LluLlu safety is not flexible enough for cars :lol2? :shock? :rest

[*]324778

That's okay... they're still installing it on cars thick or thin in Euro and S. America because of it's clarity. Someone must be good at it if it is not flexible as you say. :spam

[*]324786

:lol6 Yeaaaah, clarity...I know some people supply from sunny Florida 1 ply 10 (!!!) mil to Moscow. Like technician - do you think is there any serious difference between 1 ply 4 mil and 1 ply 10 mil? Not sure.....But clarity is :lol2

The only car we have done until now without taking out the windows is the Porsche Cayenne, WAY to complicated. You can install thick film 12, 14, 15mil or more (we have done a few Cayennes with 2x14mil + tinted) without taking out the windows, I think it's sometimes more work, less efective and your margin of error is increased potentially. You must cut a template out of liner or tinted film first in order to cut your security film on a table, make sure the template is bigger and longer then your normally would cut your tint, the film must go way down and way into the frame to archive some sort of security.

Flexible or not is not an issue I would say, it must shrink well to adapt it to the curves.

[*]325410

VZLA!!! Good NewZ for You! We just created 2 ply 9 mil Blue, very flexible!!!

Guest Beeline
Any help on installing security films 12mil to cars as I feel the slightest bit of dirt and its #$%#$,  heard of people putting it on dry with a laminator :DD  :lol2 Just looking for any tips anyone might have :lol2

[*]324390

I did some new suburbans for homeland security in 4 mil. It is thick enough and you can still form it a little. :lol6

Thick enough for what?  :thumb

[*]326410

His taste for installing film. :thumb

Homeland security chose 4 mil? :thumb

how do you price that thick stufff....same as tinting a car..or is it much more?...

[*]326416

Very labor intensive compared with standard auto film... price it high if you're the only brave soul within a 200 miles doing it. Me... I'd price it at least three times the going rate for standard tint.

Archived