What to do when you mess up?

Alright. Like the topic states. What do you do if you have a 1" crease, contamination, bubbles, or any other problem. Is there a general way of fixing things? My big 2 problems now are creasing and fingers. I know you have to be carefull when heating both because of the glass and the tint. Just like the '06 Impala I had. That window goes right on top of the fuzzy package shelf and was a pain to get all the way down. Of course I couldn't get it to dry quick enough for the customer so they took it with a few fingers. I plan on messing with it again on Monday. :shock

Alright.  Like the topic states.  What do you do if you have a 1" crease, contamination, bubbles, or any other problem.  Is there a general way of fixing things?  My big 2 problems now are creasing and fingers.  I know you have to be carefull when heating both because of the glass and the tint.  Just like the '06 Impala I had.  That window goes right on top of the fuzzy package shelf and was a pain to get all the way down.  Of course I couldn't get it to dry quick enough for the customer so they took it with a few fingers.  I plan on messing with it again on Monday. :rest

[*]324762

Try removing the rear deck (fuzzy package shelf ). That will help with getting it to dry out as the shelf holds moisture as well.

That will also help with your contamination problem as well. :shock

Guest metint

In the time it takes to dismantle you could lay down 2 inch tape along the bottom edge of that back deck. Has to be down 6-8 inch strips at a time to keep 'em manageable.

Just another option to choose from. :shock

The Impala is easy enough to quickly run the heat gun along the bottom edge

and knock down any fuzzies

or get out the masking tape like Captian Obvious :shock suggested

do NOT do this on a Caddi

It is not necessary to pull that deck out

But it will make the install easier, and cleaner

dont do what to the caddi?

run the heat gun or tape???????????

I say tape it...and smaller pieces is best like he said 6 in is good...another thing is start on one side and work you way across then when you clean the glass (I go right to left looking out the back glass) you won't snag the tape and get it sticking up in the way once it gets wett from cleaning it will not stick....oh and yes deffinatly tape before you start to clean or tape will not stick....

there is not repair for creases or contamination.....just re-do

how often do you tint?

Archived