Trying to do the top part of the window first?

Guest chip01

if you're more comfortable with the panels off then why switch?  I'm a panel puller, have always been (when gaskets don't come right out).  the more you pull panels the quicker you get.  :rollin  it's the end result that's more important...not whether or not you save up to 10 minutes by tucking.  you're not saving time and money if you have to redo windows with creases.

[*]324809

Good call Blade...smart and you're a tinter too.

Devil :lol6

If you have a close look at the Merc that OB was tinting, you can see how recessed the glass is into the frame which is causing you the problem of creasing the edge.

Get use to it because more and more darn cars are coming out like this bugger.

As the guys have suggested, if the trim is off, it is far easier to slide the film down and across to get into the vertical.

Devil

Maybe I am cutting the sides to big, what is the sort of the length they should go behind the rubber. I have not tryed rear rollups only front windows

[*]325426

No more or less than is necessary to eliminate light leaks from the inside looking out and eliminate seeing the film edge from the outside... aka about 1/16-1/8 inch is all.

Some cars like the Impala, BMW's and the Ford Taurus, it's best to keep the extra edge cuts to a bare minimum to have a better go at installation.

Archived