2 piece

Guest mart_o

IMO, if you can't do splicing... you shouldn't be tinting... cars at least.  I am showing my age here, but remember when BGs were done in five (or more) pieces?

[*]325731

Ah the good ol' days, old accords and preludes with 4 piece hidden seams, back when you could stretch a camaro in one piece (before they were all wrecked..) Thank the tint gods for shrinking!!

Yep, I remember the first time the distributor that I had dealt with at the time faxed me over a two-page document on powder shrinking. It took me a few tries to even understand the process, 'cause I didn't even own a heat gun at the time, but what a difference. I can't imagine going back and doing them in that fashion... I probably wouldn't be in business. It probably would've helped if TD was around back then too... the distributors weren't the best at sharing information on installation.

Guest mastertinter

Love those boxes of tint at the the local wally mart have you guys read the instructions, for the back window it shows the car with about eight pieces and it reads can be installed with no special skills, wow I guess I have no skills damn that sucks :beer:dunno:lol

has anyone got any info on installing a two piece correctly??

[*]325431

yea I know all that sounds jus like wat im doin jus thought I may have missed out on a few tips thats all but I think im ok! one thing I do is put a small triangle thin plastic (ice cream tub lid for example) under the film as not to cut the demister at all but still cutting the film and by using a very small triangle its a gud guide to help stay on the demister!!!

has anyone got any info on installing a two piece correctly??

[*]325431

yea I know all that sounds jus like wat im doin jus thought I may have missed out on a few tips thats all but I think im ok! one thing I do is put a small triangle thin plastic (ice cream tub lid for example) under the film as not to cut the demister at all but still cutting the film and by using a very small triangle its a gud guide to help stay on the demister!!!

[*]326340

digging the knife into the plastic I mean!

Archived