Allow 30 days for bubbles to go away?

Guest JB One

I just got my windows tinted here in Long Island NY 10 days ago. I still have bubbles on the windows, not to mention a couple of creases on the lower back window that look like scratches. I called the tint shop and they told me to allow up to 30 days for the bubbles to go away. Does this sound right or did they just do a sloppy job?

Next opportunity you have to pass by the shop that did the work, drop in and have a chat with them and allow them to see what you speak of.

This is not the place to resolve something in question when none of the members here performed the work.

Like TG said, "It is a correct statement to say, Allow 30 days for drying time'.

Depending on what type of film was used and weather conditions, film will dry within one to thirty days... as film dries it will exhibit a blistered texture to its surface from the uneven drying of moisture beneath the film.

Next opportunity you have to pass by the shop that did the work, drop in and have a chat with them and allow them to see what you speak of.

This is not the place to resolve something in question when none of the members here performed the work.

Like TG said, "It is a correct statement to say, Allow 30 days for drying time'.

Depending on what type of film was used and weather conditions, film will dry within one to thirty days... as film dries it will exhibit a blistered texture to its surface from the uneven drying of moisture beneath the film.

[*]325683

I wasn't trying to resolve the issue here. Just wanted to know if this is what others normally experience as this is my first time getting tints. Thanks for your help..

Like all of the above said... It depends on the film and location. My jobs dry in one day in the summer (temp above 80 F) and as much as 30 days in the winter (temp below 30 F). Without visual evidence, we have no clue whether you are observing the common orange-peel appearance while drying, contamination, etc.

And do not say tints here please.

Guest Beeline
I just got my windows tinted here in Long Island NY 10 days ago. I still have bubbles on the windows, not to mention a couple of creases on the lower back window that look like scratches. I called the tint shop and they told me to allow up to 30 days for the bubbles to go away. Does this sound right or did they just do a sloppy job?

[*]325673

Did you use the cheapest shop in town? Did you get a warranty? CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER... :spam

Guest Soultinter

Some minor imperfections may be present in every tint job, there is no such thing as perfection.

If they used a metalized film or some comparable high performance film, then up to thirty days is very realistic in slightly cold weather.

Archived