Allow 30 days for bubbles to go away?

Guest JB One

I'm my opinion (and I'm from a cold climate) the only reason it would take 1 month to dry is if you lived in the Arctic,the labor warranty was 29 days or the tinter had a :dunno wrist when squeegeeing :spam

I just got my windows tinted here in Long Island NY 10 days ago. I still have bubbles on the windows, not to mention a couple of creases on the lower back window that look like scratches. I called the tint shop and they told me to allow up to 30 days for the bubbles to go away. Does this sound right or did they just do a sloppy job?

[*]325673

Did you use the cheapest shop in town? Did you get a warranty? CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER... :spam

[*]325741

Yo, B__ is that you?? Supertinter

Guest Beeline
I just got my windows tinted here in Long Island NY 10 days ago. I still have bubbles on the windows, not to mention a couple of creases on the lower back window that look like scratches. I called the tint shop and they told me to allow up to 30 days for the bubbles to go away. Does this sound right or did they just do a sloppy job?

[*]325673

Did you use the cheapest shop in town? Did you get a warranty? CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER... :inot

[*]325741

Yo, B__ is that you?? Supertinter

[*]325796

Yes it is Supertinter ha it has been awhile. Glad to hear that you are still tinting......MY HERO :lol

[*]325673

Did you use the cheapest shop in town? Did you get a warranty? CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER... :spit

[*]325741

Actually it's not the cheapest shop in town. I went to Savage Auto Sports in Medford, NY. A friend recommended me there who got his windows tinted a couple of of years ago. I went back this Saturday to show them the two creases in the back window and to show them I still have large bubbles in the window after 14 days. They couln't get the creases out and said if they re-tint the back window, they can't garranty it would come out any better because of the leftover glue. So much for a lifetime warranty. They said to just let the bubbles dry out.

Guest tint rookie

more like, so much for your buddies recomendation. the glue does come off. they just dont want to put the elbow grease into doing it right the 2nd time either.

Archived