What to do

Guest swanny

You could always go talk to the guy and become freinds and talk about it. Having a freindly competition has many more benifits than an adversarial competitor does. You can refer work, borrow film, agree not to under cut each other etc etc.

Just proposing the road less traveled. :inot

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
You could always go talk to the guy and become freinds and talk about it. Having a freindly competition has many more benifits than an adversarial competitor does. You can refer work, borrow film, agree not to under cut each other etc etc.

Just proposing the road less traveled. :inot

[*]325821

:lol

Guest FIREMAN68

Just proposing the road less traveled. :lol

[*]325821

:inot sounds like that could work. I say try it.

Guest Raices3

Do you know for sure thats his prices

Maybe he sent a spy over to your shop

send your over a friend with something to be tinted and see some of his rates that are quoted from his mouth

customer could always be lying in the first place

I have talked to them before. When I got started I had them do acouple jobs for me I gave them a corvette rear window wasant that impressed with there work he said thats the the best he could do with a metal film so that tells me they are useing dyed film (maybe)

the uther thig is I have had other customer come to me becouse they made several appointments with this company and they never showed up for there customers. I will not bash there quality becouse I have seen bad and good from them. I think they use lumar films but I also here they use jhonson film ?///

I guess I will keep plugging along

Thanks for all the information I will try and put some of it to use

shots for every one Thanks

Guest Beeline
I have some compition in my area who has been in the business 6yr longer then I have.This company is charging cheap dirt cheap

get this one customer called me and wanted me to tint a window that was out of the car rear window I qouted him and he said the other company would do it for 70% less then I would.

this sucks becouse they are screwing up everything in my area so my prices have to be lowwer then normal 10 to 20 % lower.

I just dont know

[*]325752

When a customer tells you the guy down the street said he will do it for $99. The response should be......WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME? You pay for what you get.... :dunno Sell yourself to get respect not price.

Not that I disagree with any of these replies. I know that you should not run a business as a prcie war. as most others said you need to sell yourself for your quaility not your price's.

But before you get worried that he is realy that cheap. Call him and get a quote from him yourself.

Dont beleive waht a customer tells you they are sneaky, and may just be trying to get you to say ok well then ill do it for that much. Because thats is all they feel the job is worth. And they think the other guy priced them to high in the first palce

Guest afterhours

what I have learned is stick to your guns. the customer that comes in and argues about your price isn't worth your business any way. they are the ones that will prolly moan and @#$% about the tint job anyway. just tell them to get it done cheaper some place else.

but the cheapest film you can find (should not be a problem finding it) and charge 10-20 $ lower than him........fock it, if you dont want to move then no choice do you?

but if you been around a while, you shouldnt be worrying about those people who want to pay 100 for a whole car, find other ways to advertise for a different class of people, you charge cheap you get shiatty people, you charge moderate then you get normal people with manners :dunno

Archived