CV (Madiho)

Soultek ( :lol fader)

Some dusty azz roll of 20" mystery bronze

and a roll of Sun Gizzard that I wouldn't put on Landshark's Pinto

I have samples from several more

and way too many flat glass partial rolls

and several rolls of colored stuff

I need to have a yard sale :inot

isn't this thread just going to end up in doing the same thing you are pissed about...bashing other films..no offense ZOLAR

and is that what we want in the general  forum  :inot

[*]325822

You are right TG this shouldn't be a rant about MMM

...and this might be the wrong audience

I was pizzed about the film co.s selling plotter systems to car dealers (and Bessbuy)

cutting us out of our shrinking market.

There are several film companies doing this.

I was pizzed at the arrogance and ignorance of this "pro"

I was never faulting MMM. They have a strong hold in the local Flat Glass Market.

and despite their questionable track record (anybody remember The Panther)

I would not beat up any specific company in our industry.

I put 6 cars out today, despite the brief interruption.

and if I lose a car dealer out of this,

I havent lost much,

Except about 20 cars a month.

I bit on this thread the moment it showed itself... but then realized I was doing exactly what I am loathed for, so you should find my first posts cleaned up.

I'm not going there anymore...

Metint,

He said the plotter system was by a Texas company named Expo

[*]325790

X p e l or Expo?

In a recent trip I was shown a plotter system given to a detail shop wanting into the film biz. It had TTK software with mmm's logo in its background. The obvious... agreements allow the use of logo's.

Unless of course, TTK has made an agreement with mmm and a company in TX. :lol

The shop foreman indicated a three day period in the hired gun's attempt to get the system operational... and after all the effort, still did not cut the Crown Vic back glass correctly for my heat form demo. Also, the Camaro door glass and back glass didn't fit worth leaving installed.

Side bar...

Pizzed off or not... plotter cut window film is not going to fade away and despite what is perceived from an installer point of view... car dealers are moving all add-on's or extra's in-house and according to Federal Trade laws film companies cannot deny what they are requesting... in this case, plotter cut systems for window film and paint protection film.

The Wal-Martization of the local car dealership has evolved beyond genesis to the infancy stage. The unfortunate part of this concept is that car dealerships do not pay their people well enough to keep 'em long term. This will lead to high turnover rates in their installation personnel, poor reputation and a resurrection of demand for professional installs. :lol It's already playing out to be fact at the first of these dealer in-house concepts and is only a matter of time before the numbers peak and fall back in favor of those who truly know how to install film. :inot

Guest tint rookie

you mean plotters dont put it on for you....?????

as for the loosing 20 cars per month from the dealership.... one way or another they'll be back. either the dealer gives up (right about the same time your price goes up) or the new car buyer wants it redone right (R&R prices on freshly tinted glass)

sucks that they are pullin this shizzle right b4 winter on ya though.

Archived