MMM rep came by...... to sell me out today

Guest zolar

Guest Diamond Tints

Why not phone the film company and see what the $%#@ they are playing at :dunno:dunno

Its fine having film cut thats the easy bit!! It's applying it that's going to stuff them but at the end of the day if you worked for a dealer making crap $$$ and learned to tint what you going to do :dunno:dunno your off on your own cause I know I would and make some real $$ so they are never going to keep staff so dealers are going to get a very bad reputation for tinting so I really wouldn't worry :lol2:lol6

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintrep

The down side for the tint shop owners is that there are a lot dealerships that are trying to bring tint in house...they think that it is an effective way for them to make money because they are losing so much on the cars that are being sold. I deal with dealerships on a daily basis and some of them understand that you have to pay some one good money if you want them to stay. Fortunately, most dealerships are unable make this work in house. Depends on the dealership and management. Being that I sell mmm films, I am not sure who the rep was, but that is definately not the way to do business.

tintrep

Guest Diamond Tints

Is it not just the fact that reps are feeding dealers full of :dunno and saying you can make $$$$$$$$ by doing it yourself knowing fine well they will never be able to tint, and just chasing the sale of the plotter :dunno:dunno

Z You use every big name except mmm and lulu. so why was the rep visiting you? was he trying to scare you into using their brand, because a dealer was intrested?

even if other companies make other products used by some in manufacturing film, (believe it or not I shortened that) if you try to sell based on name alone, more people recoganize mmm name then MOST others, even if its not for tint, they know the name.

as far as making poly, as I understand mmm makes it for the CS line and the NV line only. the rest is bought.

gotta luv the panther.

to bad there arnt very many good salesmen/woman out there any more.

I have bought from almost every major player in the film game

I can judge in a brief conversation with a rep,

their integrity and insight into the film biz.

....and how well they know the the film they are selling,

and the other films in the market.

Mountianmang referred me to a GWF rep, we'll call Jack

Jack was knowledgeable about the biz, without being arrogant,

Knew technical aspects of several companies film's components, not just his.

And is a veteran film pro, with many years behind a squeegee, but not a know-it all.

........And not one negative word about anyone in the film game.

I will be buying some film from Jack in the near future. :lol6

The resons I choose the films and reps I do

has as much to do with a long-term buisiness relationship,

as it does the product itself, and price.

I would have liked to see the "black chrome"

not anymore :dunno

I regret now mentioning the name the film co in question

since I do not buy or use their film.

I wll point out flaws by the folks that I buy from though,

both in their film and in our relationship.

If the reps really want to impress me

come by in a t-shirt and slang and strip some papa.

and the plotter issue sux, but can't last long here

I am inclined to tell my dealers about the other plotting systems available

The whole thing was probably geared toward PPF anyway

If a DMC comes along an changes the title to " a dumbazz rep came by today"

and leave out the m&m's reference....that would be cool :dunno:dunno

sorry about the rant :dunno

Z

dont be sorry mang,

its the film brands out who should be, for making film for so many years that goes purple like a mofo. fock 'em I say, they got millions we dont.. :lol

[*]326048

As if they new there was a way not to all those years?

C'mon they all do the best they can with what they have available to them... same as you and me. And of course there's the human factor... you screw up, I screw up, and our next door neighbor screws up, but as long as I don't place any expectations level with the pedestal I may have placed them on, I will be just fine in all of what they and I and my neighbor do with, for and around each other. :dunno

Yes Z... Jack is a class act! He rep's in a similar fashion as I once did before moving to the position I now hold. When moving to tech I was asked to lose the salesman... I guess I did... especially with my posts about other co.'s around this place.

Hope Jack serves you well. :beer

Archived