air quality

Guest afterhours

Guest afterhours

I have been in my new location about 3 months now and I have more "re-do's" than I have ever had. now matter how much cleaning and precaution I take there is an obserd amount of contamination for what I am accustomed to doing. now in my other location I rarely ever had to re tint a window unless there was a light gap, corner peeling, etc.......

I am blaming all the contamination on a Steele Mill that is about 3 blocks away. could this be the problem??? I h@te to give up the spot b/c it is a prime location and the rent is cheap, I alos feed off of the car accesory shop next door. is there a solution to the air problem or do I need to move?

I have been in my new location about 3 months now and I have more "re-do's" than I have ever had. now matter how much cleaning and precaution I take there is an obserd amount of contamination for what I am accustomed to doing.

[*]325959

Maybe the problem is you have WAY much better lighting in your new shop and only NOW you can see your work quality :dunno

Just kidding ...yeah what I used to do when I did mobile tint and my environment was always changing , I'd have a filter fan...just turn it on and would filter your whole room in 5 min. Theyre only about $150

:dunno Might help to keep the doors closed to :dunno:dunno

I have been in my new location about 3 months now and I have more "re-do's" than I have ever had. now matter how much cleaning and precaution I take there is an obserd amount of contamination for what I am accustomed to doing.

[*]325959

I'd have a filter fan...just turn it on and would filter your whole room in 5 min. Theyre only about $150

:dunno Might help to keep the doors closed to :dunno:dunno

[*]325994

Filter is good, especially one of those ionic type that draw airborne stuff to it and spit out air as fresh as after a rain... and if you already have heat & AC unit with the place, put a filter at the return and the delivery vents.

Mist everything during installing... mist the work board, mist the liner before it's removed, mist the floor ahead of carrying a piece of film to the car glass... you get the picture?

Guest afterhours

hey where could I look at one of those filter fans..... she there is no a/c or anything like that in the work bay so there is no filtration. I just keep it washed out pretty much. some of this stuff is starting to come together on how I can help the problem instead of moving... on the other post someone suggested just mocking up a wall and using tarps to "close" off a tinting bay then I could filter just that spot with one of those fans. the total size of the bay 3,000 sqft so I would need to isolate the tinting area.

I use a sprayer and blast behind the film once I get it on the window. This flushes out whatever I grabbed on the way to the window. Its the only way to rinse off what your fingers or anything else might get on the film. I dont ever get contamination once I got that sprayer. Get one with a nice long nozzle, that way you can flush out the lower corners of a back glass once you get it on the glass. It works, Im mobile too, try it.

I use a sprayer and blast behind the film once I get it on the window. This flushes out whatever I grabbed on the way to the window. Its the only way to rinse off what your fingers or anything else might get on the film. I dont ever get contamination once I got that sprayer. Get one with a nice long nozzle, that way you can flush out the lower corners of a back glass once you get it on the glass. It works, Im mobile too, try it.

[*]326387

That's a great idea too. I ocassionally have situations where I notice a couple specks in an area while applying. I simply pull the film back in that area and flush it with solution before continuing with the application. If a dog hair or something larger appears, it may take a little extra force (usually by brushing it with a fingernail), but it works well and reduces redos.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:lol2 we just moved into a steel building with no walls, also its been windy here lately so dust is blowing around (not the best tinting conditions). I dont blame the air for contamination because of the little time the film is actually exposede to the air. Maybe your water source at the new shop is the problem?

Archived