Curly in the Film!

LLumar does the same thing from when I used to use it. :lol6

[*]326216

And that image is burned into your memory of the product much the same as the one I had of their automotive adhesive failing miserably in the mid to late 80's when I sold and installed Solar Gard...

Funny how the tables turn in time... no I don't mean it's SG time for adhesive problem. The point is every manu goes through their learning curves same as someone new to installing. The companies that have sufficient resources to cope with these kinds of issues, are the ones to go with.

The ones that cannot deal with it except to let every roll go out the door no matter what the issue is with that run, are the those needing to be avoided if a decent long term reputation as an installing firm is to be realized.

The old timers... SG, MMM, Mad, CP, FTI, Garware, Hani, who have the greatest manufacturing capacity are also the ones that have the resources to implement checks and balances to catch those issues that need not appear in a finished product. Are they at the top of their game 24/7? Ask yourself if you are and there you'll find the answer. Some things do slip by, but much of it is caught before it goes out... ISO quality standards do not allow it any other way.

Just the other day I was walking to the admin area of the plant. I have to pass the dump zone... the dumpster/compactor. There, as I have seen on many walks to the front, are boxes or rolls of tint ready for drilling and dumping. If a you saw this as I have, being a tinter it would be akin to finding a treasure chest full of gold coin and wanting to jump in it and throw it in the air with glee.

Not really.... it's film that does not meet the checks and balances... this is what also is built into the cost to the dealer for their product used. Now even the checks and balances are not at the top of their game 24/7....

All involved do the best they can with what they have to work with... curly film has always been an industry plague... take a tour of one of the larger manu sites if the opt ever is within reach and you will have a greater appreciation for the product you... and I... have come to enjoy earning our keep with. :lol2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some things do slip by, but much of it is caught before it goes out... ISO quality standards do not allow it any other way.

Well someone must be sleeping on the job then because we're getting it all downunder. :thumb

Devil :thumb

[*]326431

That's cause the Devil lives in he!!. :thumb

have had same problem with suntek's HP 20, you can hardly keep it on the glass before you peel, then when you peel, it rolls off onto the ground!! Talk about throwing stuff!! Call them, they sent a replacement roll and a call tag. Still doing it though, but not near as bad.

have had same problem with suntek's HP 20, you can hardly keep it on the glass before you peel, then when you peel, it rolls off onto the ground!! Talk about throwing stuff!! Call them, they sent a replacement roll and a call tag. Still doing it though, but not near as bad.

Guest Winnerstint

I'm also having this curling problem, from what the reps have been telling me the heat from the ups trucks can cause the curling in the film. I dont know if thats true, its hard to believe. What I do believe is that there starting to use cheaper liners on the film we use, or these coulf be bad rolls. I've never used suntek but the sungard film that I've gotten recently to try has been doing it since the begining. And thats the last time I use it. I'm sticking to solar gard, it hasnt failed me yet.

Good luck, Laurence

I'm also having this curling problem, from what the reps have been telling me the heat from the ups trucks can cause the curling in the film. I dont know if thats true, its hard to believe. What I do believe is that there starting to use cheaper liners on the film we use, or these coulf be bad rolls. I've never used suntek but the sungard film that I've gotten recently to try has been doing it since the begining. And thats the last time I use it. I'm sticking to solar gard, it hasnt failed me yet.

Good luck, Laurence

[*]326459

:thumb:thumb:thumb

post-11600-1129257685.jpg

Archived