Plotter system

I have about 2 months to build, setup, and organize my new shop and was seriously thinking about getting a plotter. Have any of you ever used one or is currently using one and what are your opinions on them? Worth the dough? The price is really a factor for me, but if it's really worth it, then I will invest in one.

Any pros/cons?

Speed up your installs?

What kind of plotter used?

Recommendations??

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you know how to tint?

[*]326222

I do know how to tint. I am looking to invest in a plotter due to demanIds. I love what I do and wouldn't trade for any other career.

[*]326225

what kind of demands?

[*]326228

From previous dealers, new dealers, used car dealers, and some police work. In addition to new customers.

if speed is what youre worried about then dont think about it man, you can have 5-6 plotters and still woudnt work, every car takes certain amoutn of time, and I think you should be worried about quality not the faster the better, money will come in, I think investing a business with a plotter right off the bat is not a good idea, I mean a plotter youre really saving what? 15-20 minutes at least, which is what it takes to precut all windows on a standard car, you gotta really think about it..just my own :lol6

Another perspective...

Plotter/ computer cut window film serves well when there are high numbers of the same makes and models coming at you... they do not work as well in this situation with a one man operation. Two person, different story...

You really have to way the cost/benefits closely to make a good decision on computer cut systems. There are 3-4 out there at the moment of which half will provide the needed technical support after your purchase, the other half only when you can get them to commit.

You still need to have custom cut capabilities and always will... automated cutting systems will never phase out this need. Look at the entire picture and you may find that you agree... looking at it with tunnel vision will have you leaning in favor of one or the other. Neither truly threatens the existence of the other.

Your decision, not mine or anyone else's.

Another perspective...

Plotter/ computer cut window film serves well when there are high numbers of the same makes and models coming at you... they do not work as well in this situation with a one man operation. Two person, different story...

You really have to way the cost/benefits closely to make a good decision on computer cut systems. There are 3-4 out there at the moment of which half will provide the needed technical support after your purchase, the other half only when you can get them to commit.

You still need to have custom cut capabilities and always will... automated cutting systems will never phase out this need. Look at the entire picture and you may find that you agree... looking at it with tunnel vision will have you leaning in favor of one or the other. Neither truly threatens the existence of the other.

Your decision, not mine or anyone else's.

[*]326297

I have 2 other employees, plus myself. Does anyone have a favor as to which ones. I have read about one from llumar and the other by Beakeart(SG). CAn't really decide b/c of the pros/cons. Anyone have experience with either one?

I have used both beakert and lu lu's I prefer beakert's.

The reason bieng is very simple you can do alot more with beakert's than you can with lumars. such as graphics and you can import your graphics. You dont have that option with beakerts.

Do not however buy the plotter from beakert it is a over priced pos. look for a anagraph plotter much nicer works alot better

dont rule out tint tek, at sema they should be releasing the new version which is compatable with flexi.

I am a one man show and I use a plotter, for some, others I hand cut,

but with a plotter I also offer graphics, pre cut ppf, and diy kits for the repeat customer(tinted it myself, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again, screwed up, did it again)

I love those ones :lol6

Archived