Plotter system

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never used a plotter for anything, and I am not a plotter basher. I have considered purchasing a small vinyl cutter to do only custom work. When considering the use of a plotter for cutting regular work, I have totally disregarded the idea.

Looking at my typical installs, less the 1/3 of the time is spent on cutting, and that includes shrinking. Removing shrinking from that equation, I estimate that appoximately 1/4 of the time is actually spent on cutting. That is not an area that I would consider when trying to make my work more efficient, JMO.

Guest privacy_tinting_uk
I have never used a plotter for anything, and I am not a plotter basher.  I have considered purchasing a small vinyl cutter to do only custom work.  When considering the use of a plotter for cutting regular work, I have totally disregarded the idea. 

Looking at my typical installs, less the 1/3 of the time is spent on cutting, and that includes shrinking.  Removing shrinking from that equation, I estimate that appoximately 1/4 of the time is actually spent on cutting.  That is not an area that I would consider when trying to make my work more efficient, JMO.

[*]326363

:bingo

my plotter is like way old..called a filmhandler..holds up to a 60 in roll...I use it all the time....

no really I was thinkingof a plotter last year....usually when it gets slow...figuring I could use it for paint protection film and tint....but when I get past the slow time and I;m tinting 50 to 60 a month..I figure f the plotter and pre cuts paint protect and all the cool stuff I can do and I just tint if you got extra cash it seems llike a cool toy...but not necessary and not needed....beside those of you who use them are the cuts as good as you can do free hand.....the ones I have seen I do a better closer cut.... :bingo

I dont see where switching rolls of tint back and forth on the plotter saves any time over the usual way to cut film :bingo I guess if you were using all 1 shade on the plotter it might be ok, but around here nobody gets light on the backglass :bingo so I would be stitching film back and forth all day :lol sounds like a pain.

The following is what I?m aware of as to LLumar PrecisionCut software, so you can compare:

Automotive patterns

Multiple rear glass choices

Pattern nesting for efficient use of material

Pattern rotation

Pattern size adjustment (does not save changes)

Multiple car cut capability

Two roll holding capacity

Flip or invert pattern

Flat glass

Micro-rounding of corners

Capable of cutting Paladian patterns

Safety Film up to 7 mil

Two roll plotter holding capacity

Paint Protection Film

Pattern rotation

Multiple car cut capability

Two roll holding capacity

Graphics

Vectorized graphic import capacity of these file types: .dxf, .aama, .gbr, .cmd, .plt, .abl

File import from Adobe Illustrator (thru Corel Draw) and Flexisign

Graphics Library (SEMA Intro)

Also handles Vinyl through the use of either a 40 or 60 inch Graphtec plotter.

There may be more I have not been introduced to. Ask someone in LLumar sales to elaborate. :thumb

Guest Sprinter
I dont see where switching rolls of tint back and forth on the plotter saves any time over the usual way to cut film :lol6 I guess if you were using all 1 shade on the plotter it might be ok, but around here nobody gets light on the backglass :lol6 so I would be stitching film back and forth all day :thumb sounds like a pain.

[*]326617

mdog's right switching out film yea that saves time....................

I dont see where switching rolls of tint back and forth on the plotter saves any time over the usual way to cut film :beer I guess if you were using all 1 shade on the plotter it might be ok, but around here nobody gets light on the backglass :thumb so I would be stitching film back and forth all day :lol6 sounds like a pain.

[*]326617

mdog's right switching out film yea that saves time....................

[*]326657

Yep... about the same effort it takes to swap rolls off a shelf... especially with a plotter capable of holdin two rolls... simple as release one film feed and slip in the other.

Wow... that wore me out.... :lol:lol6:DD

Archived