Liner for felt shields

Guest clear image

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On felt beasts I take the door panel off, if it's an older taurus the whole felt strip around the window pulls out, if not, sgueegee, flush gently, peel entire tint upside down on glass, lift tint from underneath on back of hands, thread front in first, curl back part in without ever touching felt, flawless.

Guest sunbuster
if I was close minded I wouldn't have opened the thread and wouldn't have asked a question. Excuse my English for I propably should have said "seems so much easier".

Give us foreigners a bit more credit for having good intentions with what we try to say.

And keep the tips coming, if they work for you they are worth posting.

By the way what about using those liner sheets for the bottom gasket to be able to tuck in the film with the door panel in place?

[*]326346

Kohler

The tape works fine, but try this trink in addition. take a white or black teflon "hard" card (prefer black), cut it into a triangle. On your final cleaning, spray the window (no need to flush the edge, too much water is the enemy w/ this technique), wipe the top edge, then run the triangle down both sides against the window cleaning any loose felt, squeegee the window from across starting at the top, not hitting the edges and wiping your squeegee each time it is lifted from the glass. On the bottom when you roll the window up, lift the lower half of the film away from the glass, TRY AND KEEP YOUR FILM IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS THE PORTION THAT IS ALREADY INSTALLED! This will avoid creases and eliminate felt from breaking off. Lightly mist the window stay away from the edge, and squeegee the remaining glass. Wet you window, remove the liner, wet the film, and slip it in behind the lower gasket. You can use your triangle, or red devil trim guide (painter tool) to move the gasket. The triangle is great for squeeging water from the sides and bottom in tight or hard to reach areas. With a little practice your windows will be flawless. Good Luck

By the way what about using those liner sheets for the bottom gasket to be able to tuck in the film with the door panel in place?

Can you expand on this for me Kohler??

Naughty

[*]326361

Sure. I never take off the door panel. After I rolled up the window I slip a piece of liner as wide as the window between the glass and the bottom gasket (Silicone side towards the glass). Slip it in about 2 inches, tape the rest, 8 inches or so to the door panel. Then I flush the bottom of the glass. Now I have the clean glass on one a clean liner on the other side and can cleanly slip the film in between. Hard card the edge, give some time before you take off the liner.

Need more details?

Cheers

Kohler

Sure. I never take off the door panel. After I rolled up the window I slip a piece of liner as wide as the window between the glass and the bottom gasket (Silicone side towards the glass). Slip it in about 2 inches, tape the rest, 8 inches or so to the door panel. Then I flush the bottom of the glass. Now I have the clean glass on one a clean liner on the other side and can cleanly slip the film in between. Hard card the edge, give some time before you take off the liner.

Need more details?

Cheers

Kohler

[*]326588

Nope... got the first go 'round! I like it!

Got to give then Germans credit for having ingenuity... not to mention great beer. :lol6

See ya in Vegas, Kohler... :thumb

I tried this today and it worked very well. thanks for the TIP :thumb

this is a drawing of what the guy is talking about.

Imagine this as a top down view of a rollup window. The black is the side felt gasket, the blue is the window in the gasket and the red is the liner, it is rolled up onto by the glass and blocks off the dirty felt very nicely.

post-22-1131675515.jpg

Archived