Noticing the difference in films

I had a client today that selected JWF's SP35 in preference to the Madico Onyx 35 for his car.

OMG there is a huge difference in applying these films especially when you don't install much of one. Current ratio feels like 50 to 1.

It becomes hugely apparent the moment the liner is disgarded.

The J film has outstanding clarity and tack up with no curl and is incredibly tinter friendly whereas my usual Mad film needs to go back to manufacturing school to learn a few lessons off the smaller player.

Does anyone else find comparisons miles apart from one film mob to the other. (Not just singleing out these 2, it's just how it happened on the day?)

Devil

I notice a huge difference just from Solargard's True Grey 38 compared to True Grey 28. That 38 is fugged up some how. it's not user friendly at all. shrinks like a @#$%. doesn't work with the soap shrink method. feels thicker than all the other True Grey films. and yeah I think there's a slight clarity difference in it too. :thumb

that's the main reason that our main location doesn't use the soap shrink method. all they install is 38 basically. using the soap method with 38 turns that stuff into the crease crap of the industry. when an experienced tinter can crease a jetta back window 5 times (in the middle of the window) something's really wrong. :lol6

I haven't noticed shrinking differences as much as differences in peeling release liners. Some are totally easy, and some suck. I use some cheapie fader stuff for the customers that really want it, and that stuff just does not want to let the liner loose from the film. It's like wrestling with the stuff to peel it.

I am going to try some new stuff next week. The dist. claims that it shrinks so much different than the average film that I may have problems with it at first. I will let you know.

I had a client today that selected JWF's SP35 in preference to the Madico Onyx 35 for his car.

OMG there is a huge difference in applying these films especially when you don't install much of one. Current ratio feels like 50 to 1.

It becomes hugely apparent the moment the liner is disgarded.

The J film has outstanding clarity and tack up with no curl and is incredibly tinter friendly whereas my usual Mad film needs to go back to manufacturing school to learn a few lessons off the smaller player.

Does anyone else find comparisons miles apart from one film mob to the other. (Not just singleing out these 2, it's just how it happened on the day?)

Devil

[*]326590

if you like the sp film try some graystone, it shrinks even easier.

then try some mmm CS film. its thinner then the release liner that comes on the graystone. :lol6

Guest VaTinterPMan

Yeha I just started using mad. the char. I dont carry the onyx cause of things I heard and read but it looks awesome. but I wont like if it doesnt like to shrink cause I like to do all back glass in 1 peec

Guest naughtydog

I find onyx easy to shrink now and it looks nice when installed. I am running it alongside LLu ATR and have shrank some fairly difficult windows with it using the soap method.

ND

I'm with naughty, feels very similar to suntek hp carcoal when shrinking, peeling and installing. Think it looks better on dark coloured cars.

Tried thier charcool, did'nt like it, curls too much when you remove liner, does'nt shrink as wellas the onyx, imo

Jingle Bells

Bob

Archived