2 ply?

I have a Honda Accord ,'93, and I had to remove all the old s@%t and everything came off good ubntill I got to the back glass . It came off in three layers, 1st,clear @#$% ,2nd,purple @#$%,3rd, GLUE. well the 2nd layer came off in pieces. I have no simple green but Ill go get some if it will make my life easier! This one really SUX guy's ,Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,, :passout

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your in a bad spot...would have been better off taking it to a pro to strip it for you (thanks for not bringing it to me though :passout )

What doesn't matter to you is how you SHOULD have done the back window because it's too late now.

It's going to take a lot of elbow grease with 000 steel wool to get it off and chemical of your choice (de solv it , simple green , ammonia mixture, etc )

If you don't value your defrost lines...another option now is to razorblade it down :poke

000 steel wool and simple green, ok. Thanks for the info. WIZARD..Now where did I go wrong?, I hosed it with slip"baby shampoo"and bagged it for 30 min. in the sun,started peeling in top corner pulling down diagonally toward the opposite corner,and immediately it started to separate,and the rest is history...

Your in a bad spot...would have been better off taking it to a pro to strip it for you (thanks for not bringing it to me though :passout )

What doesn't matter to you is how you SHOULD have done the back window because it's too late now.

It's going to take a lot of elbow grease with 000 steel wool to get it off and chemical of your choice (de solv it , simple green , ammonia mixture, etc )

If you don't value your defrost lines...another option now is to razorblade it down  :poke

[*]329367

:beer:lol6

000 steel wool and simple green, ok. Thanks for the info. WIZARD..Now where did I go wrong?, I hosed it with slip"baby shampoo"and bagged it for 30 min. in the sun,started peeling in top corner pulling down diagonally toward the opposite corner,and immediately it started to separate,and the rest is history...

[*]329374

Soundslike you were doing it right ..however it's like I could describe to you how to tint a car professionally on here ..you can read it, do it for the first time..but won't worl out as well as described.

It's a "feel " thing when removing old film that's too far gone . I'm not sure where your from but 30 minutes in the sun isn't long enough unless your under real hot sun .

I have a method that's foolproof no matter how far gone film is , but I won't be typing it , whenever I do ,It's up for controversy despite my track record with it..it's only for people in the biz that have a bit of balls and are willing to invest a couple of hundred dollars so they can use it on more than one car :popcorn

Im not trying to be an A- Hole or anything ,but I do tint quite frequently, I live in N.W. Arkansas and it was prob only 75 degees yesterday,, I will run into this problem again I'm sure. Any info. on your fool proof methoed? :popcorn

[*]329374

Soundslike you were doing it right ..however it's like I could describe to you how to tint a car professionally on here ..you can read it, do it for the first time..but won't worl out as well as described.

It's a "feel " thing when removing old film that's too far gone . I'm not sure where your from but 30 minutes in the sun isn't long enough unless your under real hot sun .

I have a method that's foolproof no matter how far gone film is , but I won't be typing it , whenever I do ,It's up for controversy despite my track record with it..it's only for people in the biz that have a bit of balls and are willing to invest a couple of hundred dollars so they can use it on more than one car :popcorn

[*]329413

If it's what we discussed on the phone before... I'm with ya... not for everyday publication.

Steam machine?

[*]329417

That's a start... a good plastic putty knife combined with a steamer may do the trick. The longer the handle the better and lift or scrape parallel to the lines.

Archived