New at thiswhole tinting thing.

Guest tinthustla

Guest tinthustla

Hey guys, I'm a noob here, and have only been tinting for about a month now. I've done maybe 15 or so cars. I have a partner and I'm in college trying to make some money on the side (I'm always finding new ways to make money) I've done internet sales since the 10th grade and that bought me my car and a bike and all of their mods and I have money invested in the market etc... as well so I'm doing pretty good for my age...21 (no I'm not bragging). I figured I would ask a buddy who knew how to tint after doing it for a year if he wanted to show me how to tint and we could go into business together. So far the money is good. We are doing it out of a small garage and all of our advertising is done by word of mouth so far. Our customers are always satisfied and we don't let them leave unless they are. Our prices are cheap at $100 for most vehicles (everything but the windshield). I already photoshopped a logo and some really attractive flyers and created a name as well. I'm sure business will pick up once we get our name out there. Also curious, how much is a business license and what do I need to do as far as obtaining one? One more thing...for those of you who don't mind saying ( I know I wouldn't seeing I'm just some random Joe on the internet anyway) how much money do you all make per year? I realize that most of you guys' operations are different than mine but I'm just curious. I'm actually trying to get some more capital built up for now so I may get my dealers license and begin buying automobiles at auction and resaling. I already have a good buddy lined up to partnet with me there and he does paint and excellent body work. Thanks guys...great forum you all have here. I have also used the tinting instructions coupled with my friends knowledge to better my continuously growing skills.

~TH

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinthustla
question is, if your doing so good at everything else, why are you trying to tint windows? that's the question...but watch out when the rest of the guys wake up and read your thread...dont get offended.

[*]329381

Really I'm doing it just to have something to do more than anything, and like I said, I always like making money. I consider myself an entrepreneur and I like trying new things basically. I'm not trying to make a living off of tinting windows or anything. Also if people decide to be rude, well that's their problem. I'm just here to get some answers and looking for advice and what not. I didn't do anything do them, but we'll see what the have to say : )

$100 per car? wtf?

you are really claiming urself to be a h@ck, or are you?

money invested in the market? again I say what are you doing tinting vehicles? just for fun? I dont think so, nobody TINT for fun, hell no, no way. business license? I thought u were abusiness man you should know that to start a biz you need a license from the city you are working with and a resale number to pay your state taxes......already getting a dealer license?

I recommend you do one thing at a time, I know you may want to do everything, but its not the way to go..........its late, TINT ROOK were u at :passout

Tint is right in questioning you here.

What gave you the idea to install at $100 a car? Why not at $250.00 a car and don't give me any of that "I'm only just starting out crap." :passout

Lesson number one....if you are going to make any money and a career out of this industry, well you'd better set your telescopic sights a few more degrees up. No charge for that advice mate!

Good luck!

Devil

Guest tinthustla

Why not $250 and why $100? Simple, I live in a college town and kids are cheap and there is competition and I'm not a greedy bastard. $100 a car is plenty enough for me $150 is we do the windshield). Our price is what REALLY helps bring us the business, besides, it's for my own enjoyment like I said regardless of what you all say I do enjoy tinting and working on cars basically in anyway for fun, all the while still making a little money. It's just a game. I know about business licenses and obtaining them at the DMV and everything, I've done my research. I know the costs. I was just seeing what you all would say and investigating some of you alls credibility for some real questions I may have in the future. I do want to know how much you all make per year. If you want to cop an attitude with me who has done nothing but post a few questions and an introduction to himself then so be it. You are text on the internet. I'm not trying to start a career out of tinting either for those of you who can't read full bodied paragraphs. This is a hobby more than anything. Kthxbye.

rookies :passout im 25, at your age, I was thinking completely different then how you are now.

cant read full paragraphs? WTF man, your so good, why dont you become a film manufacturer, or another donald trump, its easy anyway and you can do it as a hobby.

you say your in college kids country, wanna make me get out of the area and into a good one where you will have a business to run, you know, run with the big boys. because all your doing now is being a h@ck and building a reputation that you charge cheap, and you will never be able to raise your prices. if you dont like the comments on here then your not gonna last long in the real world......

rookie. :poke

Archived