but I cut it oversized....... so the creases were above the final cut

so what's the trick to shrink it

I have some NR and some HP to try

here is how it turned out :hmmm

kia.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI....HPTrue Grey 38 and the soap method DO NOT mix. I've creased relatively flat back glass's using 38 and the soap method. :hmmm I've always got 38 in stock but NEVER use it unless it's requested by a customer. That stuff's just waaaaay too light for my customers. Try the NR True Grey 35....even better looking and a better match to factory glass. Just have to get used to that thinner film. On some cars, depending on the factory darkness, I can get away with installing HPTrue Grey 28....talk about a great looking film. :hmmm

Guest redgtxdi
FYI....HPTrue Grey 38 and the soap method DO NOT mix.  I've creased relatively flat back glass's using 38 and the soap method.  :hmmm  I've always got 38 in stock but NEVER use it unless it's requested by a customer.  That stuff's just waaaaay too light for my customers.  Try the NR True Grey 35....even better looking and a better match to factory glass.  Just have to get used to that thinner film.  On some cars, depending on the factory darkness, I can get away with installing HPTrue Grey 28....talk about a great looking film.  :hmmm

[*]332921

Is Solargard necessarily thinner than everybody else????

Just curious. The Camry that I had somebody else do for me just fell apart after a couple years. Serious glue problems.

The layers separated on the side windows and the rear spiked a huuuge finger....(more like an arm).....at about the 3yr point. The color is very stable, I'll give it that, but the film itself was quite a shock to watch separate so badly. The primary layer is still stuck to the window right where it was put, but the interior layers are definitely off a lot. The driver's window got so bad.....(note I still haven't retinted yet)........that I had to trim about a good 1/2" off the top 'cuz it was turnin' into a flap!! Yikes!!!

Guest Sprinter

if your not used to shrinking thick films or all metal films then have to do one it will take a while, also if your heat gun is'nt a high end model that spews the heat out that will also delay the shrink time.

be glad you got it :hmmm

Guest redgtxdi

Ya, I'm about 99% sure the batch on my Camry that's separating so badly is the HP.

To get an idea of price point........is the NR still a metalized film?? Is it higher on the scale or lower on the scale compared to HP???

Ya, I'm about 99% sure the batch on my Camry that's separating so badly is the HP.

To get an idea of price point........is the NR still a metalized film??  Is it higher on the scale or lower on the scale compared to HP???

[*]332980

its lower line to HP and its not metallized

On some cars, depending on the factory darkness, I can get away with installing HPTrue Grey 28....talk about a great looking film.  :beer

[*]332921

Blade I have been looking for such a tint that will keep just above 24% net .

will this film interfere with back glass antenneas?

BTW it is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW for me right now. Time to go walk the dealer lots... :beer

[*]332985

uh oh

Archived