suped-up pressure sprayer

Guest sendjoshg

Guest sendjoshg

this tip is for those of you with a 3-gallon pressure sprayer, (or any sprayer that has a hard plastic container for the solution) Take a drill to the top of the container and put a hole large enough to accomadate a valve-stem (you know the kind that goes into a tire). Now insert the valve stem from the inside and presto......you've just suped up your sprayer. All you need to do now is to find yourslelf an air compressor, large or small, and put the proper amount of pressure into your tank to push the water out. My fellow tinter calls me the fireman because of the awesome pressure I get from this contraption. Happy tinting to ya.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sendjoshg
BOOM!!!!!

[*]333169

well, I've been using two of them for one year and so far no BOOM. I will admit I burst the clear hoses that came with the sprayer and I've had to replace them with fuel line(the black stuff.)

One tip that will also help with any leaky sprayers for those parts that you don't move often is to use some plumbers tape. I've got it in all the threaded parts on my handles and I couldn't be happier.

Guest Beeline
this tip is for those of you with a 3-gallon pressure sprayer, (or any sprayer that has a hard plastic container for the solution)  Take a drill to the top of the container and put a hole large enough to accomadate a valve-stem (you know the kind that goes into a tire). Now insert the valve stem from the inside and presto......you've just suped up your sprayer.  All you need to do now is to find yourslelf an air compressor, large or small, and put the proper amount of pressure into your tank to push the water out.  My fellow tinter calls me the fireman because of the awesome pressure I get from this contraption.  Happy tinting to ya.

[*]333159

MacGYVER :dunno

Guest Tint Centre

Best and cheapest sprayer.... Go to bottling depot (coke,pepsi) and purchase a refillable stainless cylinder. Or you can go to a local restaurant and pay there deposit on it and they might give you one, or two. Then you can tap into the exsiting valves. One side with a tire valve and the other with an elbow. Then attach a good braided hose to the elbow and a sprayer. You can then fill the canister via the tire valve. The lid lets you know when to stop filling because of a release valve. I think it fills to 140psi. These are the best sprayers around and very low maintenance. They look identical to the picture attached earlier in this post minus the fancy stickers. In all I think it cost me $10.00 for the canister, $1.00 for the valve and elbow, $20.00 for hose and sprayer. That is a whoppin $31.00CAN funds. I have had my sprayers used daily in both my detail business and window film business for the last 11 years and still on the same cylinders.

Archived