Best window tint remover

Guest carbontc

Guest carbontc

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what's the best window film remover concentrate out there? I heard some pink remover does the job and also heard some other products are good too. But which one is the most used, easy to work and realiable at the job?

I have a 670 sq/ft property to remove old 2-mil window film and the only method I use is the soaking-process which does the job easily, but takes quite time since I have to wait between 45 min to 1 hour before the removing of this film.

There is one product at ebay called:

" WINDOW FILM TINT ( TINT OFF ) THE ULTIMATE TINT REMOVER " for $14.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7986268006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I dont want a product that contains amonia because it stinks and the odor stays on the room for quite some time.

Any web sites or URL links I can look at?

Thanks in advance.

-Christian :lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest carbontc
the only other thing I can think of is Feline Urine, its acidic enough to eat thru the film without making a stench.

YOu can get it at any petsmart or large pet retailer,  :lol

[*]334058

what? are you serious? you have to be kidding me! :lol

anybody else?

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
I don't know if a steamer is safe for flat glass, but it works like a champ on auto.  :lol

[*]334064

yes the steamer is the best thing I've ever used as well.

The pink product you are talking about is probably Simple Pink.

If it is PS adhesive, save your liners from other installs.

The night before wet the windows with any solution you wish and cover them with the liner. By morning, everything should come off easy.

I did a museum with windows over 100 years old that had 2mil clear. I had to remove everything before installing new 2mil clear. Did not break one pane of glass and the removal simple.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what's the best window film remover concentrate out there? I heard some pink remover does the job and also heard some other products are good too. But which one is the most used, easy to work and reliable at the job?

I have a 670 sq/ft property to remove old 2-mil window film and the only method I use is the soaking-process which does the job easily, but takes quite time since I have to wait between 45 min to 1 hour before the removing of this film.

There is one product at ebay called:

" WINDOW FILM TINT ( TINT OFF ) THE ULTIMATE TINT REMOVER " for $14.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7986268006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I don't want a product that contains ammonia because it stinks and the odor stays on the room for quite some time.

Any web sites or URL links I can look at?

Thanks in advance.

-Christian :trustme

[*]334057

There is no known 'best' chemical to remove adhesive...

If it is PS adhesive... soap and water softens it plenty for a razor blade to scrape it up and off... this includes safety film's PS adhesive.

Steamers CANNOT be used on building glass UNLESS it is TEMPERED!

CDF or like water activated chemical adhesives... break the glass, replace it and tint the newly installed glass... kidding... scrape the beegees out of it and have plenty of blades on hand.

Phuck the ammonia... :whisper

Archived