Help with Viper 160xv (Dealer cut something)

Guest lagrottan

Guest lagrottan

2002 Dodge Ram

Viper 160xv

A few months back I had the Viper 160xv remote starter installed in my 2002 dodge Ram by Best Buy.

A few weeks later, I had my truck recalled by Dodge to replace the blower motor. When I got it back, the remote start did not work at all (no keyless entry, no remote start).

I took it back to Best Buy because it is still under warranty. They told me the dealer cut the wires (pink one I think they said) and they could not honor the warranty.

I am a newbie and appreciate any help on fixing this. Does anyone know what wires I need to look at? Is it possible that the remote start is simply not getting any power because the wire has been cut and if so what should I be looking at?

If anyone has a install manual for the 160xv, send me an email at lagrottan@comcast.net.

Thanks

Nick

Guest lagrottan

Thanks for links. I could not figure out which manual was for the Viper 160vx

I decided to go under the dash and check some things out. Everything seemed ok.

Here is a strange thing....I went to get an oil change and when I got back in my car and started my truck the keyless entry worked and the dash started blinking. I shut off the truck and the dash continues to blink. I tried the remote start and it worked. Now, for some reason the truck wont stop blinking after I shut it off and the remote start no longer works at all..it just blinks the dash when I start car and after I shut it off.

Is it posible the installers reconnected the remote start to wrong wire?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

You need to look at the programming and troubleshooting options in the manual. I am not familiar with that model, but the one's that I install will flash a trouble-code through the parking/dash lights. That's maybe what you are seeing, and checking the manual may give you the info you need to fix it.

The upgrade they did was on two wires.

1. Pink/black constant 12v

2. Green accessory aka blower motor wire

Pay the money and have them fix it. Then bring the dealer the bill.

Archived