The NooB strikes again

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

Well...... Mr. Resident NooB has a few questions here. :whisper

...last night I did an Eagle Talon. Just the back windows, no roll downs. I tried to shrink the back glass in one sheet via M-Dizzle's soap Mizzle. :rollin lol......lets just say I dont have the experiance yet to do that. Anyway, 3 sheets and wet shrink went perfect for me. But heres a problem that came around on this car the next day, and on that Tauras I did with the GILA, and re-tinted last week.

After the back glass is all squeeged out it looks great aroiund the defroster lines. .....The next day I have big air pockets along them :trustme Why is this?? What am I doing wrong, and what can I do to prevent this?

Heres what Ive been doing.

Shrink.....apply, squeege out real good with a smoothie. Then squeege out with a blue turbo. I use ample pressure w/ the turbo paying very close attention to the defroster lines.

Also, Im tinting in a climate contolled shop about 65degress, then car's get parked outside(usually always at night) when its about 45degress. Does this temp change cause these defroster pockets??

I have a pic I will post as soon as it arrives in my email.

Guest MidcoastMW

after a week, it was still the same. Thats actually a pic of the Taurus.

So you think its a squeegeing problem? I thought the blue Max, and Blue turbo was the same thing. :whisper

Guest MidcoastMW

Oh! ......I think I may have just answered my own question. I've been racking my brain on what causes this, and I think I got it.

Both cars had Matrix along the back glass. When I trim, I get right to the edge where the dots start. Maybe I need to trim it more oversized so it seals better on the OUTER side of the dots. That way when the film dosent adhere to the dotz, air cant get in along the defroster line because its sealed past the dotz.

Comments??

Guest MidcoastMW

yea, I went out and ran my fingernail across the lines. (on the Tauras) It helped a bit, but it's still not laying like it should. I think Im doing something wrong.

What do you guys think about what I said about the temp change thing right after install? And also cutting oversize for the dots? Is that un-nessisary?

I don't think it's going to get any better than that. Some cars just have really thick lines and their isn't a whole lot you can do about it. From the pic you posted it looks fine to me.

If this is something you are going to do for a living and you don't want to be a suicide story, you have to learn when to say "Fck it" and move on as it isn't getting any better than that. :rollin

Guest redgtxdi

Ya, I'm gonna have to agree with everybody else here. Not too shabby!!

Also, keep in mind that your picture is a waaaay close up. Stand back a few feet & take the same pic. I'll bet yours will look like most you see on the road.

One thing you might do is look at another Taurus or Talon in a parking lot or somewhere. I'll bet they look reeally close to yours.

Chin up......it looks pretty good, imo!!

Archived