Cayenne

Guest Diamond Tints

Guest Diamond Tints

Anyone know any easy ways of getting the weather strips out of the cayenne/vw toureg as identical strips in both of them but the way they go into the doors are a pain

Any tricks to getting the panels off...? I played around with one about 2 yrs ago and had no luck. I forget why but there was something I was missing.

I have been tucking but have had a lot of problems. It is a big moulding.

Any info on how to take them apart is appreciated. I have been doing this for almost 15 yrs and this was the 1st panel I could not figure out. Granted it was a couple of yrs ago and it was the 1st Cayenne Turbo in town so I was a bit aprehensive!

Thanks again.

Guest Beeline

I cut them close on the outside. I don't remove anything. I do the 1/2 and 1/2 method. I buckle the bottom and slide it behind the gasket. I heat it and touch it up with a hard card wraped in a paper towel.....

Guest naughtydog

I now do the same as beeline. Leave the panel on, micro edge and leave it sitting just above the rub rail.

Naughty

Guest Rockabilly

Found it too hard to flip the top of the door trim, remove/replace the rubber and flip the trim back into the rubber channel without totally screwing up the rubber.

So, this is how we now remove the door trim on the Cayenne.

Picture 1 (door1.jpg).

Put a plastic lever (bone?) under the grab handle and pry it off. Less chance to break this flimsy platic trim piece this way.

Picture 2 (door2.jpg).

Pull the bottom of the arm-rest moulding, from the front of the door. There is a gap between the moulding and the door panel where you can get your fingers. Again, flimsy plastic, but it comes off.

Picture 3 (door3.jpg).

Red dots indicate where the torx screws are (no-brainer at this stage). Also a smaller torx screw at the bottom of the door trim, hidden in the carpet.

Easiest way to go once all the screws are out is to flip the top of the trim, then work your way around the panel, popping the plastic retainers. Same retainers as on Audis, VWs etc.

Then, you'll need to use a small hook tool to pry the rubber gasket out of the channel at the top of the door trim. It has metal in it, so it will bend. But, once it goes back in, its easy to straighten out back in the channel.

Once its tinted, and the rubber is back in, hook the top of the door trim in the rubber and work down, popping the retainers in place in the door.

post-11023-1153283706.jpg

post-11023-1153283721.jpg

post-11023-1153284241.jpg

Guest Tintim

Hey Tintboy,

I've found these interior seals create a kind of vacuum pressure they are in so tight. Start at back edge and with a white stick lever between the interior metal and seal, your white stick should be sticking up stuck in the seal, once you get the first few inches up move your white stick along and pull another few inches of the seal up and work your way along. SOme people spray the seal with a bit of slip but I find it difficult to grip. When you get the knack they're out in a minute.

Doing it this way keeps seal nice and straight and then door panel slots back into it nicely.

I also have danish pr0no version of this technique, but you must have large bosoms for it to work :thumb

Guest Premier Protect
Hey Tintboy,

I've found these interior seals create a kind of vacuum pressure they are in so tight. Start at back edge and with a white stick lever between the interior metal and seal, your white stick should be sticking up stuck in the seal, once you get the first few inches up move your white stick along and pull another few inches of the seal up and work your way along. SOme people spray the seal with a bit of slip but I find it difficult to grip. When you get the knack they're out in a minute.

Doing it this way keeps seal nice and straight and then door panel slots back into it nicely.

I also have danish pr0no version of this technique, but you must have large bosoms for it to work :lol6

Door panel removal works best for us, but Porsche panels are pretty tight especially the newer models w/ the new clips

Archived