SDS 20 + 4 mill

Guest potzy

About 4 months ago I tinted an office in the SDS 20, now the client came back to me to ask if the could have 4 mil window film fitted over the top which I did about 3 weeks ago, now, ive gone back to collect payment for the 4 mil job and when I was getting out my van I noticed loooads of spots 10 to 15 mill in size on every pane, at first I thought it must be a reaction of some sort but when you get right up close it just looks like small pockets of water as you would expect...phew.

I havent spoke to the client for a week and im a bit apprehensive to make that call :evileye, im hopeing every thing has settled down a bit more by now :lol6 . So im just woundering if its something ive done :please may be I didnt push down hard enough on the film...duno, ive seen pockets of water in the past and hasnt been a worry till now, still, sh1t happens eh...

Any advice on this would great lads..... cheers

Stu

About 4 months ago I tinted an office in the SDS 20, now the client came back to me to ask if the could have 4 mil window film fitted over the top which I did about 3 weeks ago, now, ive gone back to collect payment for the 4 mil job and when I was getting out my van I noticed loooads of spots 10 to 15 mill in size on every pane, at first I thought it must be a reaction of some sort but when you get right up close it just looks like small pockets of water as you would expect...phew.

I havent spoke to the client for a week and im a bit apprehensive to make that call :whisper, im hopeing every thing has settled down a bit more by now :gasp . So im just woundering if its something ive done :gasp may be I didnt push down hard enough on the film...duno, ive seen pockets of water in the past and hasnt been a worry till now, still, sh1t happens eh...

Any advice on this would great lads..... cheers

Stu

[*]334919

Call Billy - mu russian tinter is there, he is well experienced in flat.....

it'll still cure. no big deal if it's just moisture. if I were in the same situation I'd just call the company and see when they wanna schedule the next layer. one thing though...you didn't mention, is the next layer going to be clear? it should be.

it'll still cure.  no big deal if it's just moisture.  if I were in the same situation I'd just call the company and see when they wanna schedule the next layer.  one thing though...you didn't mention, is the next layer going to be clear?  it should be.

[*]334936

Thought it would mate....yes its clear :whisper may be im panicking over nothing :gasp

Guest sunbuster
What's the reason to put the 4 mil over the 20 Silver ??

I my opinion no use !

I can see the effect only if you put the safety first and than the SDS 20

Just :whisper

[*]334948

The 4 mil acts a protective overlay to heavy traffic areas. I use it on door all of the time. As far as glass protection wise, the 4mil should be mounted directly to the glass. FYI there are tinted safety films out there, if that is the ultimate goal.

Guest VOLTRON

yes it should dry out but it will take a little more time then usual because the solar film is preventing some of the heat from the sun to dry out the rest of the moisture.

I my opinion no use !

Just :gasp

[*]334948

The 4 mil acts a protective overlay to heavy traffic areas. I use it on door all of the time. As far as glass protection wise, the 4mil should be mounted directly to the glass. FYI there are tinted safety films out there, if that is the ultimate goal.

[*]334954

:spit

I my opinion no use !

Just :spit

[*]334948

....yes I know, seems an ass about way of doing things but I did suggest madico RS 220 months ago but we went for just the SDS because of cost mainly as the old sash windows and are being replaced in a year or so.

yes it should dry out but it will take a little more time then usual because the solar film is preventing some of the heat from the sun to dry out the rest of the moisture.

[*]335013

Ahh...sweet job, god im fick as fook some times

Thanks all :spit

Stu

Archived