help

Guest expertint

Guest expertint

I'm putting this is here away from prying eyes but I need your guys help. As most of you guys know I'm getting burned out in this business after 20 long years of running a shop and all that goes with it.I've made good money but now I'm 55yrs old and I'm totally bored with this and can never find good managers or help. I've had a couple of business brokers but they just don't understand the nature of this business or how to market it. I don't really want my competition to know that I'm for sale but most of them know and they could use this against me.I have a 3000 sq. ft shop that the rent is reasonable and have been in this building for 15yrs and next door to this for another 6yrs so we're real established and known but its hard for me to get up for this everyday. I know alot of you know what I'm talking about.I'd love to just shut the doors but don't have enough money to retire and won't get enough from this business to retire but I know it's got a future but I just don't have the energy to keep it going. I don't know where I'm going with this ,but how would you guys market this thing.I've got about 15,000 in inventory and store fixtures,don't want to really discuss the numbers here but they're good.Should I get another broker or put an add in the paper or what?? This shop is in San Diego...thanks for the help guys and girls..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go around with local people, friends, business friends in the same biz you are, to see if they are interested in buying a biz. its really kinda hard to sell this kind of biz, believe me I know, our business was once sold and we took it baack again...

hell...I would just flat out put up for sale, local newspaper, tell your film rep? nobody is going to get interested if you really dont put it out there, you can entertain offers, see what kind of people are around. :whisper

It's a tough call...a friend of mine is in a similar situation ..he wants out of the tint biz..he's put in his time , but the mentality of prospective buyers is "I'm better off setting up close to you with discounted prices and save my money" :gasp:whisper

Guest expertint

My out is that I have a contractors license so I'm just selling the auto tint part and the store that is open 6days a week.It's a nice store in a good location.I could do the flatglass out of the house and make some money without having to be saddled with a shop. I figure a guy could pretty much step in and make money from day one and add electronics which we don't do but is a natural here. I just don't have the motovation to start adding things that I don't know too much about..I sell dashcovers floormats sheepskins car covers etc. Will try to post some pics soon.

Guest expertint

I hired a manager/tinter and trained him for 1 mo and planned a 2 week vacation..One week into the vacation my other tinter quit cause he couldn't get along with the

manager/tinter.The manager /tinter couldn't answer the phone and tint at the same time and he quit one week after we got back.Seems like everytime things come together something falls apart. That's why I don't like this business cause you have to depend on others to care and most of the time that don't care. My son and daughter did work for me but they've both graduated from college and gone on to better things.Thanks for letting me vent..

Archived