Looked in the trunk?

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

While I'm thinking about this...

Last week I R & R'd an older Honda. Went well. Steamed the old off and 409/ammonia'd the adhesive. Retinted it and collected the dough.

Today the husband calls and asks if anything I did might possibly have caused the inside of the trunk to get wet. :gasp Yep... Why?

His wifes college books were in there and now they are all slimey, warped and pages stuck together. :spit :spit

He said it was not a problem and to quit worrying about it... but boy it sure could have been with the wrong customer. Those books cost a fortune. Guess I'll be looking in there from now on.

Guest Braud Spectrum
lucky, you dodge the bullet on that one

[*]335061

I sure did. He was a nice guy for sure. I felt terrible about it and have never worried about that. Could have been an amp or something else equally as expensive. I'm fixing to start asking that question. I always worry about the stuff behind the seats of trucks and cover that up, but never've considered the crap in the trunk in all these years. Pretty thoughtless of me, huh? :spit

I use 3 drop clothes myself :

1 to step on when working on the back window (laying it on floor in back

1 to cover inside trunk (or over items in trunk if too much stuff to remove)

1 for back of trunk so I can place things on it without scratching it with tools or "rub marks" from heatgun cords

learned the inside trunk one from a similar incident a while back BS ..I also was "fortunate" :spit

Guest FIREMAN68

That is something to think about that I would of never thought of.

But sitting here thinking about it why did water get into the truck? was it closed or open when you did the job? B/C if it was closed then it wasn't your fault. The trunk should be waterproof unless his seal is not good. The guy could got it from the rain leaving it outside or driving it. just a thought.

Definately something to watch out for, the water that runs off the end of the back glass does roll right into the trunk on most cars.

I try to remember to ask people to remove anything that is important or valuable from the vehicle. Sometimes I forget though,

I will be checking the trunk from now on.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbdown

Guest FIREMAN68
Definately something to watch out for, the water that runs off the end of the back glass does roll right into the trunk on most cars.

I try to remember to ask people to remove anything that is important or valuable from the vehicle. Sometimes I forget though,

[*]337222

WHAT??? If your talking about water runing off into the trunk when its closed then what do people do when it rains outside. can't stop that. im not saying it can't happen but your saying it happens to most cars well the people making these cars need to find something else to make. If water is running into a trunk when its closed then like I said earlier the car is probably old with bad seals or just bad seals.

[*]337222

WHAT??? If your talking about water runing off into the trunk when its closed then what do people do when it rains outside. can't stop that. im not saying it can't happen but your saying it happens to most cars well the people making these cars need to find something else to make. If water is running into a trunk when its closed then like I said earlier the car is probably old with bad seals or just bad seals.

[*]337232

You install the tint on INSIDE dood, I.e. you must use water to clean and add slip to the glass and the film.

The water then runs off the INSIDE of the glass into the trunk.

I've been repairing automotive water leaks for 15+ years, I know where the water form outside in supposed to go.

Archived