91 chevy 350

I got one, got it about 1 month ago,

bought it off a guy who passed away and had been sitting there 3 years (driveway) its clean, started right up! wonderful I said. until last week til it started to shake upon startup when its cold, feels like a small shake, or bad idle or timing, very minimal. upon take off it hesitates, but if you merely floor it, it goes. I've noticed a loss of power, I've changed cap and rotor, plugs, and today I changed the ignition module, but still the same, I opened up the TBI while running, its squirting fine, so I dont know, fuel pump? fuel filter?

any ideas before I take to a tech? :thumb

I would check the fuel system since it has been sitting for a couple years.  maybe it has some bad fuel left in it it.  but at the same time I would check the timing.

[*]336009

timing is what I was thinking. but we'll see what happens.

thanks I know ur the first to jump in on this section :thumb

That fuel that is in there has got to be like cat p!ss. Drain it asap. While you are on that kick, it would not be a bad idea to change the fuel filter(s) It is something on the cold side of it. With it sitting that long, there could also be a buildup of :fdup in the delivery lines. Have them cleaned.

ok I so I changed the fuel filter, ignition module, map sensor. same @#$%. who knows.

im thinking its the fuel regulator. at the same time the focken key ignition got stuck on me and I had to break it apart and get it unstuck.

so now I need a new key ignition cylinder :fdup and give it a notch at the fuel regulator thing. damn chevy's

Archived