non see-through tint?

Guest mikehende

Guest mikehende

My Garage door has 4 windows in the middle made of plexiglass and I bought a tint called "Smoke" which looks dark from the outside but whenever there is any type of light inside the garage especially at night, you can see inside the Garage. I would like to get a tint such that no one will be able to see through no matter how bright the light is inside the garage. I have seen a Pub nearby that has a sort of "silver" looking tint and you can't see anything at all inside of the pub even if you are standing right at the door on the outside, this is what I need. Any ideas here please? If you guys come up with something, can I use a "spray" tint? Thanks.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a Pub nearby that has a sort of "silver" looking tint and you can't see anything at all inside of the pub even if you are standing right at the door on the outside, this is what I need.

It doesn't work that way at night with lights on inside. But, bars are kept pretty darkly lit. The side with the most light is always going to be seen through the film. It's a given.

Guest mikehende

Appreciate the quick response guys

1] If I use "paint", looking through the window from the inside, will this still allow me to see the outside as with the tint?

2] When you say "Krylon", is this "spray" paint you are referring to? If so, any particular color I should be getting?

Thanks.

Mike..I had the the exact same problem..when I built my shop last yr..the lights are so bright that it lights up the whole outside..yet I wanted to see out . Same dilema ..4 windows on the garage door.

I just used black vinyl to blacken them right out and then cut out 2 tiny peep holes so when I get right up to the door..I can see out OK yet the peep holes are small enough that you don't notice them from the outside at night

Guest mikehende

The problem with the peep holes for me will be that I will have to go up close to the door and will not be able to see outside from the back of the Garage where I am most of the times. Guess there's no way to get what I want huh? If by chance I do come up with something, I will post back here, thanks fellas!

Guest mikehende

Well, maybe a paint or film might not be the answer here, maybe there is a certain type of window material that does this, I will look into this and get back to you guys.