Manually bypassing transponders

Has anyone ever tried this method? Basically, you can bypass a transponder using about ten turns of wire around the actual transponder and two turns of that wire leading to the ignition cylinder. The only reason a relay is needed, is so that it is only active when the vehicle is started remotely.

I have heard that this set-up is not as accurate as purchasing bypass units, and the number of turns, wire gauge, and wire insulation thickness are so variable that it takes much longer to make these installs.

If it IS being used out there with reliability, and it doesn't add too much time to the install, I am thinking of using this set-up to save $$ on parts. Please let me know if you have experience using this.

post-380-1134090998.jpg

Yes This is the only way I have done It. I did not look at your diagram but I used one from Design Tech. I use 10 wraps of 22ga. wire around the key and two wraps around the ignition. only one time in a Merc. Cougar did I have troubles I needed to hot glue the two wraps tightly to the key cylinder and wrap the transponder the long way not around the body of it. I also use a relay to buy-pass the passkey 1 and vats systems too. Most install I do are for friends and family on the side. I am always looking for a way to save them $$$

Corey Applegate

PLC, Motion Technician

That's cool.  I will have to give that method a try then.  I have had so many temperature issues with Passlock and bypass potentiometer differences, that I don't want to take chances and have customers returning.

[*]349413

I have yet have a Passlock system come back to me. But as I have said other places maybe not here on this sight. I install primarily for close friends and family. I'm not attached to any shop.

HEY

CAN THIS WORK AROUND PROGRAMMING THE KEY

BECOUSE I HAVE PROBLEM PROGRAMMING A KEY AND I JUST WANT TO BY PASS THE SECURITY

AND TO BE ABLE TO START THE CAR WITH OUT SECURITY IN MY 04 MAXIMA

I have also done this with great success. and its a great option if your saving your family and friends money. but your customers will not like having to sacrifice one of their keys for you to do this. your saving yourself money but costing them more money. and if your costing them more money then that dont leave them much money to pay you for your time on installing the remote start. so its really 6 of one and half a dozen of another. just my :beer

1 hour ago, Ben parrish said:

I bought a 2002 town and country limited with out the keys can I use these to crank my van

No this still requires a key, multiple keys technically and is intended for remote start applications. Your best bet in your situation is to contact your nearest Chrysler dealership and have new keys made/programmed.