What would you do??

I would have fired the employee and the customer :lol6  if a customer knowingly participated in an underhanded deal there is no way I would ever do business with them again :lol2  that's showing about as much respect for your business as the redneck that comes in wanting double 5.

[*]353821

:lol2 I would of told the customer to kicks rocks...sorry I cant help you. your warranty is with the guy who did he work on the side

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this post while vacationing over Christmas. Now that I am back I found the same thing has happened to me. My assistant manager of 3 years worked on a car and pocketed the cash. There is no sales slip in the computer. He forgot and someone else must have stolen the money. Out of the cash register. That only he knows the code to enter. He has called in sick the last two days after getiing stone cold busted by the customer. Tomorrow morning he is canned and I am screwed because now I cant go on vacation. Ski trip in tahoe? Cancelled. All over a stupid little $100 job.

I read this post while vacationing over Christmas. Now that I am back I found the same thing has happened to me. My assistant manager of 3 years worked on a car and pocketed the cash. There is no sales slip in the computer. He forgot and someone else must have stolen the money. Out of the cash register. That only he knows the code to enter.? He has called in sick the last two days after getiing stone cold busted by the customer. Tomorrow morning he is canned and I am screwed because now I cant go on vacation. Ski trip in tahoe? Cancelled. All over a stupid little $100 job.

[*]362004

If I had it to do over, I would've done what TINT said and just close up for a week and take it easy.

I would suggest you go ahead and go skiing...and have fun!

We all need a break every now and then.

On another note... I was doing inventory last week and realized he took some film as well.

Some R20 for sure and I think he got some auto film also.

Guest tintgod
I read this post while vacationing over Christmas. Now that I am back I found the same thing has happened to me. My assistant manager of 3 years worked on a car and pocketed the cash. There is no sales slip in the computer. He forgot and someone else must have stolen the money. Out of the cash register. That only he knows the code to enter.  He has called in sick the last two days after getiing stone cold busted by the customer. Tomorrow morning he is canned and I am screwed because now I cant go on vacation. Ski trip in tahoe? Cancelled. All over a stupid little $100 job.

[*]362004

that sucks dude..sorry to hear about that

I've had this same thing happen to me.

I sent the employee down the road and had to wait till summer was over b4 I could take any time off....but it was worth it.

Since then I have had many people come in looking for the "other guy" who hooked him up with !llegal tint for cash$$

total :popcorn and a :spit

sorry to hear it happened to someone else

The amount of the money isn't a factor in most cases an employee is stealing because usually it's a pretty low amount they are caught stealing....couple hundred bucks at best. BUT, it's the principle of things because after getting away with something small, if they thought that they could walk out that door with a couple grand and not get caught.....they'd do it in a heartbeat and then they'd do it again, and again and..........

If they need money, they know I'll empty my pockets to help them in a heartbeat, so why do a select few insist on ripping the shop off whenever they can?

Guest tintguy31707

First off he Stole from you.

File a police report so at least its on record.

He stole your customer and he stole the use of your shop and he stole the payment that he received.

You did do the right thing. with the exception of filing a police report.

I work for someone and I don't even do side work.

I do think it is ok to do side work as long as that "lead " does not come from the place that pays your bills.

Archived