Health Insurance for small business owners - help!

Guest ShadyKat
get a part time job at fed ex or ups,  as little as 15 hrs per week and you get on their group ins.  :thumb

[*]354248

What TigerStripe is stating makes since. Then once you get on with their insurance stay there for a year. I don?t know really how long but I am sure twelve months of coverage will work probably a lot less. Then start shopping for insurance a few months before you plan to leave. When you do you will get a statement from the insurance company indicating that you had coverage up until xyz date. At this time you cannot be denied coverage but you only have (if I remember correctly) 30 days. After that you be effed. This also works for preconditions that would disqualify you from insurance period. (Took an insurance class last year) At least that way in FLA. :krazy

Guest S and S
  honestly, the best thing for you to do is contact your regular insurance person and they should be able to lead you in the right direction :rollin

[*]354365

I have one thru NCFB which carrys my auto/home/life and they got me a great deal for health.

Guest tintmomma

Sorry to hear about your hip giving you trouble. Check with your tax person, but your health coverage may be tax deducable, and there are tax free spending accounts for medical reasons. Look into it. It might help alittle. Good luck with the insurance companies.

I work at the local hospital midnights as a Emergency Technician. My original plan is to go to school to be an RN. The benefits at the hospital a bar none the best you can get. Although I'm only 28 I still have my whole life ahead of me to worry about big catastrophic problems. This past summer I got into window tinting and I'm going to purchase a plotter at the end of the month. A fellow nurse whom I've been workign with for the past 10 months now has his Masters in Business. He has alot of stuff on the side and works as an RN at the hospital for the insurance. Since he's been a nurse for umpteen years he keeps telling me my idea of a tinting/vinyl business and workign for myself is the way to go and to not bother with school to become an RN. I see his point 50/50 and have my doubts. It's hard cause I'm not very good in school and I need to be on top of my game in school but tinting for me is fun. I love doing it and I love the look on customers face when they see my work. Yet I also love helping patients and seeing the look on thier faces when they are cared for. I'm in a hard decision spot and basically going with the flow to see what god has instore for me.

Since I got off track...... Get your self a part time job at the hospital as an environmental and clean rooms or sweep floors or do maintenance. Theres LOTS of odd jobs in the hospital that don't require degree's or any medical knowledge and you get the same benefits as the health workers. Plus you might find a better ortho doctor than the one you had and you wont have those problems anymore :duck

Archived