It sounds like snake oil, but it's actually works

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

I'm in no way affliated with the following product, but I'm sure it can do many of yall some good.

www.auto-rx.com

Now I know what you're thinking. It's snake oil, but it seriously isn't.

I know what the rest of you are thinking, it's a 5 minute flush. It's not. Those are typically just kerosene in a bottle with a $5 price tag. Solvency is nice once in a while, but it can't do much. Plus, aromatic solvents like xylene and such don't make good lubricants. Auto-rx is a 6500 mile commitment to cleaning your engine.

Auto-Rx is made from organic esters. Esters are these wonderful little things have tend to clean hydrocarbons from metal.

Esters are also found in high end synthetic motor oils, but different esters. Mobil1, AMSOIL, Royal Purple, and Red Line (actually they use esters as the base oil). That's one of the reasons why synthetics keep your engine cleaner.

Auto-RX's instructions are pretty simple. Basically it's a 1500 mile cleaning phase followed by a 2000 rinse phase. So it means you'll have to change oil a little more often, but it's worth it. My aspire got 2 cleaning phases and my crown vic is almost done with the 2nd rinse.

The main better of Auto-RX is cleaning the ring packs. You might not think you have a stuck ring, but it's a possibility. This raises compression, reduces oil consumption, and thus increases power and mileage. It also helps condition seals (by cleaning them and allowing the oil to flow to them).

I've so far used Auto-RX successfully on two different vehicles and I have a few more in my stable I'm going to clean. I'm currently on the first rinse phase with my 4.6L crown vic. The oil filter from the cleaning phase was filled with "grit" for a lack of a better word. The aspire's mileage improved dramatically. Next on the list is the truck. My 97 has only 61,000 miles on it so it's not driven very often. This means during the first 50k miles on conventional oil it had plenty of time to develop deposits and for the seals to harden.

Here's pictures of my crown vic's 2nd cleaning phase drain.

autorxdrain1.jpg

autorxdrain2.jpg

The particles are actually black. The flash caused them to look white. They were gritty and would break apart with my fingernail. I did do a used oil analysis on this interval and over 3300 miles (to GA and back) even with this stuff in my oil my iron was 17 ppm....a little high, but better then most people! Which means even at double the interval recommened by auto-rx, with this stuff breaking free, my engine experienced less wear then I've seen about 40% get. Plus, if I told you how much my mileage jumped on my crown vic you'd call me a liar. But I will say that it went up enough that every 3000 miles I save enough money in gas to pay for a bottle.

Here's an independent test done by a skeptic:

http://rms13.com/

The compression readings are the really interesting part. I couldn't care less about my engines appearance, it's the clean ring packs that give me better mileage.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm just trying to help yall out. If you don't believe me you can find 100+ happy customers on www.bobistheoilguy.com

I've personally purchased 11 bottles of auto-rx. In Nov I even gave two bottles to my brother for his birthday. So far he's loving the stuff and he hasn't even gotten to the good part (most people notice results during the 1st rinse phase).

Feel free to use coupon code ARXDD for a few bucks off a bottle.

I know it sounds like an advertisement, but I completely believe in this product. Go ahead and ask me any questions you'd like. But everyone's vehicles would be in better shape if they use auto-rx. Older vehicles need to be cleaned and newer vehicles can use the maintenance doses to keep their engien clean.

Here's a newspaper article on the product and the inventor (Frank):

http://www.articleshelf.com/launch/15-11-2...eam-product.htm

I want everyone to know this is my unbias opinion. I'm actually just a well versed AMSOIL dealer. This product is actually in direct competition with one that I sell. But the difference is the one AMSOIL has is basically a $5 pint of kerosene that you throw in your engine for 20 minutes. Auto-rx actually works.

Guest darkdan

Seafoam is pale oil, naptha, and isopropyl alcohol in a 6:3:1 mix ratio.

It's not exactly in the same league. Granted, seafoam through the PCV system on a warm engine does a great job decarbonizing the combustion chambers and the intake valves, but it doesn't belong in the crankcase and once dilluted in gas it isn't powerful enough to clean much.

For $2 a bottle it does have its uses, but cleaning ring packs and removing sludge isn't really one of them.

I used seafoam for years through the PCV system until I started using FP60 by www.lubecontrol.com , but that's a whole different thread. =)

Archived