1992 Saturn Sedan

Guest cadillacstars

Guest cadillacstars

Tried one of these yesterday with nooooo luck. tried 35NR on rear glass, in one piece. Dryer sheet (couldn't find my ivory). I could not for the life of me get it to shrink right. I've seen a bunch of these cars 2-pieced, is that a lot easier on these? If so, whats the technique. I'm extremely frustrated on this one, luckily it is a friends car. Any help, hints, trix on this window would be greatly appreciated. :shock:bingo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've done a few 1 piecers by dry shrinking the top half and wet shrinking the bottom.

still hard but it gets it done with no burns or creases. I always charge a hell of a lot for them.

Guest cadillacstars

Thanks for the replies. I did remove the rear deck; however, I'm curious as to where to seam it. Is it easier to seam up high, low, middle? The ones I see running around are mainly seamed pretty low. Is that the way to go? I should charge 599 for all the tint on the floor I wasted. Thanks again.

Guest TintsOvOz
Thanks for the replies.  I did remove the rear deck; however, I'm curious as to where to seam it.  Is it easier to seam up high, low, middle?  The ones I see running around are mainly seamed pretty low.  Is that the way to go?    I should charge 599 for all the tint on the floor I wasted.  Thanks again.

[*]357564

:beer Genarally ya seam it for easy access inside, split screen into 70-30% type senario, otherwise seam it at the most servere curvature of the glass is, I.e. were you are finding the hardest part of the back glass to form, top??bottom?? up to you.. :coffee

Oz......... :twocents

I recently did one of these, why, I don't know, but I did charge a bunch extra. Anyway, I did the back in 1 piece using the soap shrink method, and by shrinking mostly in the area with the circle, I was able to make it work. When done shrinking, it was still wrinkly, and I really had to work it hard to make it lay down, but the results were awesome.1pcsaturnshrink.gif

Archived