Mobile Tinting table

Guest ShadyKat

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShadyKat
Anything...I've used sides of vehicles, house doors etc.  :dunno  Just common sense, if it's clean, it'll work. You guys that  need perfect conditions, tint tables etc. to get a good tintjob are hopeless.  :dunno

[*]358951

I have to be realistic with my current skill set; I have only been doing this for a relatively short time so I would rather error on the side of caution, and no, everything doesn?t have to be perfect?just close. I under stand the idea that if it is clean it will work but then again, unless I am in my shop very little is counted on to be clean; so then it is really a crap shoot.

I am just trying to do the best job that I can given my current skills and surroundings, my skills will improve over time but there is no reason why my surroundings should be second rate, not when I can effect a positive change just by adding something that makes the install go easier and cleaner. :dunno

Guest peter-SI

This morning I improvised a tint glass 4 mobile.

I found a peace of plexi glass cca 150cmX60 in my bacyard, So I used this plexi glass and a stand that I am using 4 glasses that must be removed from the car (those in rubber or with 3 holes)

It was a nice help 4 an area to anchor the film while I was separating the liner (but this plexi is static - most to be wet all the time)

But when I try to cut some corners of film it was a disaster. The plexi is so soft te knife cuts in & it grab the razor - wery dificult to cut. :beer

I most buy a real glass like 6-10mm in a wooden frame with stant up legs... or something.

:lol6

I have a 5x4 piece of plexi I use (for peeling only, not cutting) Then I just take a thick roll of masking tape and tape it up to a wall or something, but be careful not to take the paint off the wall when your done :poop

Guest ShadyKat

Great suggestions guys, I am mulling things around trying to figure out the best combination of form and practicality. Knowing me with the best intentions the darn thing will probably end up looking like something Willie Coyote built. :poop

Guest imfear44

go to checker auto they have miniture scaffling look at that get measurements then go to home depo and buy pvc pipe dont glue some of the joints so it folds up. piece of glass or plexi will lay on to nice and neat can even but at angle so water runs down

Check this out, go to home depot or menards and get some "Celotex" board. You know the insillation board they use on houses. This stuff is cheap and light and you can also cut on it if your careful not to push to hard. This works I seen a very experianced tinter do it and I tryed it and have been doing it for about 2 years now

Try it it will work and like I said its light so you dont have to break your back everytime you get it out!

Archived