insurance jobs for auto

BTW, if anyone would like some tips on what you need to do to get paid, PM me, I will tell you how.? You can't just send them a bill and expect them to pay you.

[*]359570

Thanks for the offer, but for me personally, I put INs. co. in the same category as lawyers.

I h@te dealing with both. If I can get the customer to pay me then all the better.

I know I am missing some potential $$ but id rather pass up the money and not have to play the game. Been there done that. :spit

[*]359580

Sometimes customers like it when you take the burden of getting paid from the insurance off of them. You tell them "Don't worry, I'll take care of it with the insurance" and they like the fact that you are making a bit less work for them since usually they are replacing a window due to some act of theft or vandalism and are having to replace a radio, a stolen purse and the stuff in it, cleaning up their stolen car, replacing broken parts, etc. Usually there is a lot more going on then just getting a window retinted, they needed it retinted for a reason.

I see what your sayin -but you do glass replacement and tint so you have a substanial bill-its just not worth it for the price of tinting one rollup! Oh yeah-I dont bill glass companies either! :spit

[*]359596

Sometimes I bill just tint, like when we tint a replacement one of our other 4 shops installs. We also have to bill stuff like parts that broke and not the glass, like door handles, mirrors, mouldings, etc. It's usefull to know how to bill insurances because you can get money for other types of work too.

do you think its ethical to charge a little more more if insurance is paying?

Yes. When you have to wait for $$$, added paperwork, aggravation etc. absofklutely charge them more. If they are going to make you jump through flaming hoops to get paid, which most will, fk em. I consider that "mental labor". :gasp

do you think its ethical to charge a little more more if insurance is paying?

Yes. When you have to wait for $$$, added paperwork, aggravation etc. absofklutely charge them more. If they are going to make you jump through flaming hoops to get paid, which most will, fk em. I consider that "mental labor". :gasp

[*]359822

You got it, if it takes 60 days to get paid, call it interest.

Guest Key West

tying up the cost of a roll-up tint for 60 - 90 days is just NOT worth it. Custy pays, they collect from ins. I have, on occasion, called around for quotes for them. If there was one HIGHER than me, I'd write the custy a reciept for that amount. But I won't gouge the insurane guys. Those bastards try to justify raising rates all the time. I aint fuelin the fire.

Archived