Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

Guest Tint Centre
I still find it hard to believe that it wouldn't scratch up within a short amount of time from wipers.? especially in harsh climates during winter months.?  :bingo

[*]360176

that is what I was thinking also

[*]360181

Hey All

Its Kris here from Tint Centre, I am a local distributor for Clearplex Windshield Protection Film. My site is Clearplex.ca you can check it out online. I am the first shop in Canada to get my hands on rolls of this film. I have installed it on three vehicles so far. The film heat formed great and it looks amazingly clear like any Madico product. I drove to BC for the Holidays with the film on my X5 and had good luck with this product. The wipers were on the whole time and no scratching. This film will stop the fine pitting and moderate to large rocks without a problem. It is quite amazing... The only thing that you have to consider is that you must allow this film to dry for a few days without getting wet cause it is an exterior application. This film is not availiable yet through the Madico distributor, but should be soon. You can contact me if you have any questions my number is 306.683.3456 and email Kris@tintcentre.com

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Centre

In addition to the last reply... This film is warrantied for a year, it also comes with some nice promotional material. The film has a new scratch resistant coating on it that resists the wear from wipers and road debris. It does work in harsh conditions, as I tested it through the Canadian Rockies. These roads are some of the worst in North America. Another great product from a great company.

Kris

Guest Tint Centre

As for the police there is absolutely no way they are gonna notice this film of the windshield. Unless you @%#$-up the install, haha. As for the legal side of things that is a different story. What you have to do until it is passed by the traffic board is protect yourself. The best way to do this is to make a disclaimer that the customer signs waiving you of any liability. It is !llegal in most areas to apply film to the windshield and the reason is for the glass to break properly. But the windshield already has a layer of film embedded into it to keep the glass together, so this film would only help in a accident. This is my take on this and I have checked with my lawyer. I also checked with the Motor License Issuer in my area and he gave me the insider info about the disclaimer. I guess it would just be a matter of time before they would pass this film. The insurance agencies would be silly not to accept this film as it would potentially save millions every year on claims.

Tint Centre

Archived