Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Centre

Glassprotect

I installed it on my X5 and drove through the Canadian Rockies. This vehicle has rain sensors and It worked fine, without a problem. So I hope this answers your question. If anyone has driven through the mountains in the winter, you will know how bad the roads are. My wipers were going non-stop and the rocks were flyin. I actually could see one rock coming at me and it created a loud whack... The windshield was unscathed much to my surprise. I have driven this mountain pass for the last 5 years and every year until now I have had to replace the windshield. So that is reason enough if you live in this environment. Hope this helps you all... Have a great day.

Ciao

Lemme see... :spit driven my Jeep for three years now.... no chips, no nicks, no cracks, no wiper marks, aquapel coating once, three winters with an ice scraper...

one year warranty = possible 2-3 plex film replacements.... :bat:bat:DD

Count this vehicle owner out. :spit

Lemme see... :hmmm  driven my Jeep for three years now.... no chips, no nicks, no cracks, no wiper marks, aquapel coating once, three winters with an ice scraper...

one year warranty = possible 2-3 plex film replacements....  :beer  :hmmm  :nope

Count this vehicle owner out.  :beer

[*]360349

Yes, this is a competitors product, metint, but don't you think this could be a great thing for you auto tinters???? Window film that will be in demand during the winter months??? Maybe you guys have different roads out east. Every weekend trip this past month has resulted in at least one chip. (Probably the same pass as you tint center) If I was in auto, I'd be all over this....

I suppose the mindset that I am always against a competitive product is so set in the minds of a few that even when I make an unbiased statement on a particular product, it's perceived as against it because is not the product I like.

This product will cost good money to replace when it is battered, easier than the glass, to the point of replacement... add those costs together and over the time span one would just live with nicks in the glass, could easily add up to simply having the glass replaced.

That is the basis for me not buyin into the idea... same reason I was not sold on the product LLu marketed.

True, it may sell to some who feel the need for such things.... but if I'm looking through my glass and not at it, nicks are never noticed to begin with. :bingo

Guest vclimber

Living in the high mountains is a different story though. We have gravel on the roads throughout the winter so it is a factor to content with, especially if you do not want you windshield sandblasted as you drive down the highway. Clear bra is mandatory here, especially if you want to resale your car some day.

To some consumers, it may be worth it. Perhaps similar to the thought of anti-grafitti film applications where the film is replaced annually or even sooner in a lot of cases. In some areas, it is the cost of living in that particular place and this is simply one more item that you may have to purchase to make your living a little more comfortable. I actually heard a guy a couple of days ago on the radio talking about clear bra and he specifically asked if they could come out for something for the windshield.

Good idea. As with most, give it some refinement and it will probably be here to stay.

Archived