Madico Clearplex, What is it ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Centre

This film is catering towards a climate that is dealing with winter conditions. It might not be necessary in other climates. It also would be more appealing to a customer that has an expensive windshield. I know my X5 glass is pricey. Also someone that wants to prevent getting there windshield damaged and having to replace the factory glass. This film is way different than the edge guard films of the past. It is a Madico product and we all know what this means... Superior optical clarity. The film also has a newly formulated scratch resistant coating that is as strong as the glass itself. I kid you not, this stuff is tough! It is an attractive sell in a shop that does auto tint and pp film. The first day I brought this stuff in I booked vehicles. It is a good upsell. Especially on new car sales.

I suppose the mindset that I am always against a competitive product is so set in the minds of a few that even when I make an unbiased statement on a particular product, it's perceived as against it because is not the product I like.

This product will cost good money to replace when it is battered, easier than the glass, to the point of replacement... add those costs together and over the time span one would just live with nicks in the glass, could easily add up to simply having the glass replaced.

That is the basis for me not buyin into the idea... same reason I was not sold on the product LLu marketed.

True, it may sell to some who feel the need for such things.... but if I'm looking through my glass and not at it, nicks are never noticed to begin with. :evilgrin

[*]360539

now stop looking at it from a consumers standpoint and remember when you had a shop.

could you see this as an easy add on for the customer. and as a business owner even you must like making $$

so while some overeducated customers may not want it on their car (like yourself) other people might be willing to spend the $$ in the winter months, for a well marketed product.

I've got a newsflash for everyone here. If you have your glass replaced, you run a good chance of the installer scraping the metal pinch-weld, eventually causing rust. Especially those that go for the cheapest glass install. :lol Once that pinchweld is rusted, your car is hopelessly relegated to a leaky windshield pretty much till it's crushed by the wrecker. :evilgrin This would be a decent option,(this clear film) the other being don't get your windshield replaced by the cheapest in town. :bingo

Guest Tint Centre
I've got a newsflash for everyone here.  If you have your glass replaced, you run a good chance of the installer scraping the metal pinch-weld, eventually causing rust.  Especially those that go for the cheapest glass install.  :lol  Once that pinchweld is rusted, your car is hopelessly relegated to a leaky windshield pretty much till it's crushed by the wrecker. :evilgrin  This would be a decent option,(this clear film) the other being don't get your windshield replaced by the cheapest in town. :bingo

[*]360650

Glad to see we are on the same page... Keep it up. I enjoy feedback for intellectuals.

K

Guest Tint Centre
I've got a newsflash for everyone here.? If you have your glass replaced, you run a good chance of the installer scraping the metal pinch-weld, eventually causing rust.? Especially those that go for the cheapest glass install.? :lol? Once that pinchweld is rusted, your car is hopelessly relegated to a leaky windshield pretty much till it's crushed by the wrecker. :evilgrin?  This would be a decent option,(this clear film) the other being don't get your windshield replaced by the cheapest in town. :bingo

[*]360650

Glad to see we are on the same page... Keep it up. I enjoy feedback for intellectuals.

K

[*]360661

Sorry that is from intellectuals... Seems they are lacking in todays society!

now stop looking at it from a consumers standpoint and remember when you had a shop. 

could you see this as an easy add on for the customer.  and as a business owner even you must like making $$ 

[*]360643

Sure... for those places that it'd be a gem of a windshield saver and those places where it's legal to install anything other than a window film sunstrip, inspection or tax stickers to the windshield. :evilgrin

Archived