2003 Punto

Guest BlackOut

Guest BlackOut

Just done Punto

Care required on front rolldowns-tight on vertical edge

Told customer I had to leave a 1mm gap so that tint did not snag.

She accepted this and was delighted with job.

Guest Tint Wiz

I just done a punto today if you take the door card off or try to pull it over top of the door, you can pull up and out the door side seal and tape it to top of the door but the glass does run up in the seal as a guide for the glass that is why it is tight,hope this helps a bit long winded to tint the front doors but hey no gap :thumb

Guest naughtydog

On the earlier model - pre 2000 maybe, I pulled the window rubber right out. The seals on this baby were so tight it was impossible to get the job done cleanly without doing so.

Make sure the film is bone dry before rebuild. I gave it some stick with the heat gun and then rebuilt it. Looks sweet now but I thought the roll-downs on this car was a pain in the ass! Everything else is simple.

Guest uk pete

I have a 2002 punto, it was the first car I tinted. Once you have taken the door trims off the front doors, its not too difficult to go one step further and remove the glass. It was the only way I could get a decent result as my cutting skills were (and still are) a little basic.

Guest big dave

early models are a @#$% you do have to remove the door rubbers from around the glass frame.once you have done this life is so much easier,and the three door rear quarter glass does anyone know how to remove the latch from it

Guest naughtydog

did a 02 3 door yesterday. As Tint Wiz I pulled the door seal from the long edge and then tinted the window. Came out nice but I trashed a piece of film trying to tuck the rubber and slide it in. On the old models you can tuck the rubber on the long edge, the rubber on the new shape is not quite as tight so will not tuck properly.

Got there in the end

ND

Archived