nissan 350z turbo

had one of my customers come in with a 350z that we have had done previous work on and said he needed his turbo kit installed. at first I was a little worried about instaling it because of the room the engine bay has and the amount of hours that was going to be involved, but after I saw the kit I realized that turbonetics had created a kit that uses the stock exhaust manifolds so we gave it a try. heres some pictures I took.

the turbo

IMG_1248.jpg

turbo and blow-off valve

IMG_1262.jpg

frontmount intercooler

IMG_1246.jpg

heres a pic of the turbo that sits behind the radiator support

IMG_1230.jpg

the wastegate located under the car

IMG_1232.jpg

one side of the exhaust rapping around to the other side

IMG_1239.jpg

the exhaust pipes looping around to the turbo and bak to the exhaust

IMG_1236.jpg

the air filter and piping comeing through the radiator suppport

IMG_1253.jpg

the car ready to be test driven

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

all the air/fuel ratio and boost was taken car of. we had to overnight the ecu to turbonetics for them to reflash it and then they overnighted it back to us. that took care of all the fuel ratios to boost and timing. as far as testing it we took it out on the street and the ass just fish tailed but it was raining so we really didnt get on it very hard but that car had some balls on it. we told the customer to be carefull because its raining and he call us back the next day and told us he didnt take our word for it and nearly killed himself. he was on a staight away and punched it and it just spun him around. he said he did 2 360s and almost hit the center divider. told me he almost pissed in his pants :flip

Archived